Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Traditional Art
My artwork (Thoughts please?)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Okami Wolfen

Kawaii Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:50 pm
Hi^^ I'm Okami...I just wanted to know what you all think about my artwork. I know I am good but I think most of my art suck...then again the best critic is the one that had made the art. So please let me know what you think. I'll post a few links below with my art work.

First Art
Second Art
Thrid Art  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:13 pm
Hello Okami biggrin
First Art: Nice job on the clothing ripples (if that's what ppl call it lol). Also, on her shoulder area and eyes, I like the shading you did there. The shadow shading you did where her hair rests over her shoulder and same with eye area is nice. The color blending you did with the dog (what looks to be grey and brown) with the brown highlights on his fur is nice too.
I would have shown her hands though, unless the dog's arm is supposed to be wider than her hand.

Third Art:
I like the strands of hair in-between the bulk of her hair over her shoulder that you drew in. I also like that you deliberately made the shading even in general, especially her hair. I can see that you made sure your strokes would remain in the same direction.
What makes this piece a bit awkward is her left eye. Her left eye pupil is looking towards the right while her right eye is looking straight ahead.
Nice job though : )

I don't know much about drawing cartoons or anime but I hope my critiques helped. whee  

PiratePockyPoo

Okami Wolfen

Kawaii Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 5:20 pm
PiratePockyPoo
Hello Okami biggrin
First Art: Nice job on the clothing ripples (if that's what ppl call it lol). Also, on her shoulder area and eyes, I like the shading you did there. The shadow shading you did where her hair rests over her shoulder and same with eye area is nice. The color blending you did with the dog (what looks to be grey and brown) with the brown highlights on his fur is nice too.
I would have shown her hands though, unless the dog's arm is supposed to be wider than her hand.

Third Art:
I like the strands of hair in-between the bulk of her hair over her shoulder that you drew in. I also like that you deliberately made the shading even in general, especially her hair. I can see that you made sure your strokes would remain in the same direction.
What makes this piece a bit awkward is her left eye. Her left eye pupil is looking towards the right while her right eye is looking straight ahead.

I don't know much about drawing cartoons or anime but I hope my critiques helped. whee

XD well thanks, and yeah I know I should've drawn her hands..but I am terrible with hands =_= and yeah the third one is one of my oldest drawing of her. I went in order from newest to oldest, that is probably why the last one is a little awkward ^^;

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:04 pm
Okami_Lone_Wolf
PiratePockyPoo
Hello Okami biggrin

Third Art:

XD well thanks, and yeah I know I should've drawn her hands..but I am terrible with hands =_= and yeah the third one is one of my oldest drawing of her. I went in order from newest to oldest, that is probably why the last one is a little awkward ^^;

Haha, no worries. Hands are pretty crazy...I mean with all the wrinkles and detail, they are just as complex on the outside as they are on the inside xd
You can do it though, tackle those hands dead on! scream With practice and lots of patience, you can only improve wink
Hey, that's great knowing the first one is your newest, you're already improving! Keep it up girl 3nodding  

PiratePockyPoo

Okami Wolfen

Kawaii Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:12 pm
PiratePockyPoo
Okami_Lone_Wolf
PiratePockyPoo
Hello Okami biggrin

Third Art:

Haha, no worries. Hands are pretty crazy...I mean with all the wrinkles and detail, they are just as complex on the outside as they are on the inside xd
You can do it though, tackle those hands dead on! scream With practice and lots of patience, you can only improve wink
Hey, that's great knowing the first one is your newest, you're already improving! Keep it up girl 3nodding

Hhahaha thanks^^, and thanks for your insight on my art ^^

Traditional Art

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff