Reply 04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes
HALP!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Agent Mallard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:49 pm
Not sure where to put this, so I'll just put it here.

OKAY, so I have these really cute sandals that I really really really love. They're t-strap fringe sandals by Steve Madden and THEY'RE SO CUTE. A few weeks ago my boyfriend spilled some dark liquid on them and he freaked out and tried put them in the washer and dryer before I got home. And the fringe ended up all crinkly and all over the place. I don't want to do anything to them to try and fix, just in case it ruins them more, so I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies knew any tips or tricks that could possibly to make the fringe flat again, or as a flat as possible.

These are the shoes.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:08 pm
Agent Mallard
Not sure where to put this, so I'll just put it here.

OKAY, so I have these really cute sandals that I really really really love. They're t-strap fringe sandals by Steve Madden and THEY'RE SO CUTE. A few weeks ago my boyfriend spilled some dark liquid on them and he freaked out and tried put them in the washer and dryer before I got home. And the fringe ended up all crinkly and all over the place. I don't want to do anything to them to try and fix, just in case it ruins them more, so I was wondering if any of you lovely ladies knew any tips or tricks that could possibly to make the fringe flat again, or as a flat as possible.

These are the shoes.

Have you tried dampening the fabric then pressing it (don't add heat)? You would probably have to alternate sides though.  

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:13 pm
ahh suede!! your going to have to limit moisture and heat. try laying it flat, covering it (with a cotton cloth or something, whatever) then lightly steaming, before leaving it flat, possibly with a book or something to weigh it down and keep it flat??  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:23 pm
User Image

I would just take a hair straighter to it.
But they look expensive so lets not try that... sweatdrop

User Image

PSM Guild Mule

Faebella

Tipsy Fairy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:53 pm
Maybe try hanging them up in a steamy bathroom?
Run the hot water and steam up the b-room, and then
maybe hang them in the shower, just be sure not to
get them wet.  
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas