Welcome to Gaia! ::

Kingdom Hearts is Eternal

Back to Guilds

The place to be so you can talk about all things Kingdom Hearts!!! 

Tags: Kingdom Hearts, Eternal, Fun stuff, Roleplay, Square Enix 

Reply Kingdom Hearts is Eternal (Main Forum)
Tips for BBS?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CherryFields

Big Member

11,150 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:47 pm
Does anyone have tips for defeating the main enemies in KH Birth By Sleep?

SPOILERS BELOW
wahmbulance

Terra- defeating himself after Master Xehanort takes over his body

Ventus- defeating Vanitas!

I'm stuck on those enemies. Tips of what commands to use would rock! Thank you! And discuss it?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:02 pm
My sister defeated Terra's for me...She used the Shotlock on him and it worked. For Vanitas, level up Ven to upper 40's (i did that one myself) and dodge as much as you can, and have curaga. That is a must. It's been about a year since i've beaten Ven's story so I can't give you that much, sorry! But good luck  

Mitsumi16

4,600 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

CherryFields

Big Member

11,150 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Megathread 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:52 pm
Mitsumi16
My sister defeated Terra's for me...She used the Shotlock on him and it worked. For Vanitas, level up Ven to upper 40's (i did that one myself) and dodge as much as you can, and have curaga. That is a must. It's been about a year since i've beaten Ven's story so I can't give you that much, sorry! But good luck

Thank you so much! That first part on Terra is really helpful. Hopefully it will work for me too.
Also, it is always useful to know a good level marker to be at for certain bosses. If anything, Ven seems easier than Terra's.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:43 am
CherryFields
Mitsumi16

Thank you so much! That first part on Terra is really helpful. Hopefully it will work for me too.
Also, it is always useful to know a good level marker to be at for certain bosses. If anything, Ven seems easier than Terra's.

By far. Ven's is a cakewalk...I made a new file for Terra I want to do myself on Critical mode and I'm scared to do that battle...  

Mitsumi16

4,600 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Saeed Jama

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:29 am
For any boss... If you can get full shot lock, do it, because once you start firing, you're completely immune to attack. Having renewal block/barrier is great because it restores health when used to fend off attacks, thus providing alternatives to cure spells or potions. Also, definitely try and get second chance and once more abilities as soon as possible, because those will save your life many times when you least expect.
Here's a link to a game FAQ that has some walkthroughs and suggestions on good ways to defeat the bosses. It also has command recipes and a list of what abilities you gain with certain recipes. BBS FAQ and Walkthroughs
Hope this helps. biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:43 pm
Face the Darkness within
For any boss... If you can get full shot lock, do it, because once you start firing, you're completely immune to attack. Having renewal block/barrier is great because it restores health when used to fend off attacks, thus providing alternatives to cure spells or potions. Also, definitely try and get second chance and once more abilities as soon as possible, because those will save your life many times when you least expect.
Here's a link to a game FAQ that has some walkthroughs and suggestions on good ways to defeat the bosses. It also has command recipes and a list of what abilities you gain with certain recipes. BBS FAQ and Walkthroughs
Hope this helps. biggrin

I have some weird aversion to shotlock, sadly. But, I will practice it for a while before I attempt the boss again. Thanks for the tips! And the link. :]  

CherryFields

Big Member

11,150 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Megathread 100

Saeed Jama

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:20 pm
CherryFields

No problem. biggrin I use that page a lot myself to find good ways for getting the good abilities early on in the game. Also, if ur ever up for some partnering in Mirage arena, I have a couple characters that are up for some fun.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:47 pm
Requiem of the Phantom

Hey, I realize you might know the answer:
How about how long would it take someone to play BBS on easy mode?
Especially compared to hard mode...  

CherryFields

Big Member

11,150 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Megathread 100

Saeed Jama

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:55 pm
CherryFields

That depends, really. If you're just pushing to finish the story as fast as possible, you can finish one of 3 in about a day or two, so long as you're good. If you're looking to find all the secrets and bonuses and do Mirage Arena, then it could take a week or more to complete a character.
Hard mode makes the combat more difficult, so no matter how good you are, you'll be having to respawn more often, especially on boss fights, but other than that, things are about the same. You'll only need about 2 days to finish a story if you're pushing.

Personally, I like getting at least some of the bonuses and secrets and doing some of Mirage Arena. It makes it easier in the long run to take a bit of time to look around.  
Kingdom Hearts is Eternal (Main Forum)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games