Welcome to Gaia! ::

All Writers United

Back to Guilds

A place for any and all writers to share their brilliance. 

Tags: writing, literature, fantasy, horror, roleplay 

Reply Poetics
A Hefty Cost

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aislin Schreiber

Invisible Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:06 am
Someone near and dear to me has thought of commiting suicide. This poem is the result of me finding out about it. Hopefully it will make people think twice before pulling the trigger. Tell me what you think, please.

A life short lived, a love long lost.
The price of suicide is a hefty cost.

Are you willing to bring it all to an end?
What God has given you, what time can mend.

But you’ve made your choice, you’re no longer there.
I’m just staring at an empty chair.

That gun you used took it all away,
And now you’ll never see the light of day.

Through my teary eyes, I think I see
A happy face like yours used to be.

Long gone now is that laugh, that smile,
But I still hear it once in a while.

So I must ask; was it worth everything you lost?
Did the solution have to be that hefty of a cost?

Sorry if I offended anyone by mentioning God. My goal here was not to upset people of different religion. Just thought I would say that so people wouldn't comment on it because it has happened before. Anyway, tell me what you think.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 9:54 am
Let me start this off first by saying this invoked very deep emotions within me. I could empathize with the narrator because I understand the pain of deeply rooted loss. You did a very good job of presenting the character's emotions, and I congratulate you on this fine poem.  

His Majesty Satan
Captain

Aislin Schreiber

Invisible Sweetheart

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:27 am
Elder Astrauld
Let me start this off first by saying this invoked very deep emotions within me. I could empathize with the narrator because I understand the pain of deeply rooted loss. You did a very good job of presenting the character's emotions, and I congratulate you on this fine poem.

Thanks you. I wrote this a few minutes before going to a funeral so the emotions are real even though the funeral was for someone who died of cancer (not suicide thank goodness). I am sorry for the losses you have suffered.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 11:20 am
Girl on Fire 12
Elder Astrauld

Thanks you. I wrote this a few minutes before going to a funeral so the emotions are real even though the funeral was for someone who died of cancer (not suicide thank goodness). I am sorry for the losses you have suffered.

I've just learned that loss is a part of life. Death is the bane of human nature, I suppose.  

His Majesty Satan
Captain

Poetics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces