Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
SXV-141 Super Heavy Walker

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Asmusei

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 7:08 pm
While they're doing an update for Warhammer and getting plenty of armies in this year, Chapter House Studios is selling a massive 30cm tall walker for the Tau. Not only does it have two independent "rail cannons" with a 120 inch range, but six of two different missile systems.

It's like two Railheads where thrown in a blender with a Manta Titan.

Seeing as it has a $285 price tag, it will be a while until I get one of these bad-boys, but I assure you, I will get one and post pictures of the entire progress for everyone.
http://chapterhousestudios.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=132&product_id=201

Has anyone else found some awesome Titans for those of us not willing to scratch-build from school supplies?  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 3:03 am
That's actually the first one that looks legit that didn't come from Forgeworld.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:14 am
DarkElf27
That's actually the first one that looks legit that didn't come from Forgeworld.
Part of the reason why Chapterhouse is still in cahoots with GW. It's a good fit for the aesthetics set by GW, perhaps a bit too close too home for GW. Even more so when you look at their other products.

Having bought from CH before, the price is worth it though, good quality casts.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:52 am
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27
Part of the reason why Chapterhouse is still in cahoots with GW. It's a good fit for the aesthetics set by GW, perhaps a bit too close too home for GW. Even more so when you look at their other products.

So they're an actual business affiliate like FW is?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 4:59 am
DarkElf27
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27

Sorry, used a wrong word there, no. They're fighting it out in court, well over a year and counting now. GW says CH is copying their stuff a bit too well.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:10 am
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27

Sorry, used a wrong word there, no. They're fighting it out in court, well over a year and counting now. GW says CH is copying their stuff a bit too well.
Ohhh... Well how do Forgeworld and GW get along then?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:14 am
DarkElf27
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27

Ohhh... Well how do Forgeworld and GW get along then?
FW is a subdivision of GW, like Black Library and well, that's it really. There used to be more but those were either dissolved or absorbed into GW itself.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:49 am
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27

That's great to hear, because I'm not willing to put up with GW at all, any more. I'll stick with competitors and buying 40K stuff off of eBay and the like.
Plus, I found another big unit, but for WARMACHINE, that can be crossed over easily.  

Asmusei

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:19 pm
Asmusei
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27

That's great to hear, because I'm not willing to put up with GW at all, any more. I'll stick with competitors and buying 40K stuff off of eBay and the like.
Plus, I found another big unit, but for WARMACHINE, that can be crossed over easily.
Which one? One of the colossals?  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 12:30 pm
Lt. Brookman
Asmusei
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27

This guy:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Asmusei

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 1:11 pm
Asmusei
Lt. Brookman
Asmusei
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27

This guy:
Ah, the Leviathans. I know the guy who does them, nice chap, he's doing metal sci-fi Germans now to go with those. A fellow Dakka Dakka user used four of them as stand ins for various Dreadnought variants.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:04 pm
Lt. Brookman
Asmusei
Lt. Brookman
Asmusei
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27

This guy:
Ah, the Leviathans. I know the guy who does them, nice chap, he's doing metal sci-fi Germans now to go with those. A fellow Dakka Dakka user used four of them as stand ins for various Dreadnought variants.
Could you ask him when they will have more for sale? I found the company probably a month after it hit their catalog, but all where already sold out. I just want one...  

Asmusei

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:39 am
Asmusei
Lt. Brookman
Asmusei
Lt. Brookman
Asmusei
This guy:
Could you ask him when they will have more for sale? I found the company probably a month after it hit their catalog, but all where already sold out. I just want one...
IIRC they've gone back into production.  
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 1:33 pm
Lt. Brookman
Asmusei
Lt. Brookman
Asmusei
Lt. Brookman
Asmusei
This guy:
IIRC they've gone back into production.
I have no idea what IIRC means, but great news, thank you very much! Hell, if the first works out great, I should think about buying another five and do commission jobs!  

Asmusei

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:04 pm
iirc = if i recall correctly wink  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff