Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Digital Art
Need help with brainstorming the concept!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ScarletFrost

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:41 pm
User Image

Rough sketch/concept experiment of Scarlet the Vampire in two distinct but balanced roles. I'm also trying to tie in a red-string-of-fate you're-always-in-control-of-your-own-destiny type of thing. So I have a question: Should I put in the secondary characters (who will be illustrated in gray-scale) of a werewolf slave on the right and military-commander-esque master on the left?

Edit--like this:
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:55 pm
Nice concept.

Why did you choose these particular secondary characters specifically? *rather curious* Seeing a werewolf in a submissive state is pretty contrasting to the nature we're more familiar with, but I see no such (visible) irony existing with the commander.  

Deudalephon

ScarletFrost

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:10 pm
Deudalephon
Nice concept.

Why did you choose these particular secondary characters specifically? *rather curious* Seeing a werewolf in a submissive state is pretty contrasting to the nature we're more familiar with, but I see no such (visible) irony existing with the commander.

The woman is a vampire, for starters. This was also inspired by two different RPs I'm playing with the same person who has two different characters.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:59 pm
ScarletFrost
Deudalephon
Nice concept.

The woman is a vampire, for starters. This was also inspired by two different RPs I'm playing with the same person who has two different characters.

Aah, RP. 8') That sounds like a pretty interesting approach. *-*

The positions of the secondaries are rather fitting; I have no qualms myself. If you love the idea, I say by all means use it. ^^  

Deudalephon

ScarletFrost

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:07 pm
Deudalephon

The positions of the secondaries are rather fitting; I have no qualms myself. If you love the idea, I say by all means use it. ^^

I don't want to make it JUST RP art. I want it to be an emotive piece that people can understand without knowing the background. I can remove the ears and tail from the submissive boy, if it would make it clearer.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:40 pm
ScarletFrost
Deudalephon

I don't want to make it JUST RP art. I want it to be an emotive piece that people can understand without knowing the background. I can remove the ears and tail from the submissive boy, if it would make it clearer.

Ohh, now it's much more clearer. Sorry about that, I wasn't following very well e_e

Okay, so as far as I can see (and take all this with a grain of salt since it's just a fellow member's suggestion), the key here is showing the woman's different nature in both sides, making the viewers perhaps wonder how it could be the same woman.

On the right side, the woman's expressions doesn't seem that much attuned to the atmosphere of her role. Her expression portrays somewhat of a smile, yes, but her eyebrows don't seem to share the sentiment. She seems somewhat serene and peaceful from how I see it. You know how when a woman expresses vanity, or a high sense of grandeur? (hopefully that's what you're going for) Like, imagine you're in her shoes and look in the mirror. What do you see? The eyebrows may be arched, and the eyes would be half-lidded, and the mouth is coiled in a subtle, but dominant smile. Your head may also be tilted to a higher angle, as if you're 'looking down' on someone, if you catch my drift.

As far as I can see, the commander's position is perfect where he is. As for the wolf boy, might I suggest lowering his ears in a more submissive manner? His head could also be tilted low, but it also seems nice how it is right now (his expression shows that he knows his role well).

Other than that, I don't see much else that needs addressing, but maybe someone else might point out anything I've missed. ^^

Good luck!  

Deudalephon

Digital Art

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces