Welcome to Gaia! ::

All Writers United

Back to Guilds

A place for any and all writers to share their brilliance. 

Tags: writing, literature, fantasy, horror, roleplay 

Reply Historical Fiction
Hitler's Death

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

please touch my butt

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:59 pm
((NOTE: This is one of the first things I've ever written, so please leave some constructive criticism! Thank you! biggrin ))

Gunshots and sobbing was all Adolf heard as he sat on the seemingly rock-solid sofa with his wife, Eva. As the hot tears rolled down Eva’s cheeks, only to be joined with more with each trembling sob, she knew that it had to end like this. Adolf gazed down to the glass table in front of him. On a different day he might have smiled at the handsome militant that stared back. No, these were darker times. On the table laid his favorite gun, and a single pill. He closed his eyes and silently prayed for a brief moment, then looked up to examine the dimly lit room he was in, taking in some of his last sights. He looked at the debris on the floor and the cracked brown paint on the wall. Adolf knew it had to end as well; he couldn’t begin to conceive of the terrors that would await him if he were to be captured. A wave of serenity washed over him as he slowly turned to his wife, breathing in her scent for one last time. With a trembling hand, he picked up the pill.

“It’s amusing,” he thought, “How something so small will be what does me in, considering what I’ve done to all those people.” BANG! Countless explosives were being detonated above his secluded underground bunker. It would be only minutes before enemy soldiers would storm his base, and he would be captured, only to be placed in damp, dark cell, never to see the light of day again. The mere thought of such a thing made Adolf jam the pill into his mouth with no hesitation. After the small disk slid down his throat, he picked up his 7.5 mm Walther Pistol. The same pistol he’s used to murder others would be the pistol that he would use to kill himself. He slowly raised the gun to his temple.

“G-Goodbye, Adolf!” sobbed Eva. For a moment, all was still. Adolf sighed deeply, and pulled the trigger.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 12:40 pm
That was amazing! Seriously loved it, especially as a WWII enthusiast! Kind of wish it was a little longer, but I'm not sure it would have worked longer. Great job!  

Asdis_Svana

4,750 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Myde14Niia

Tipsy Hunter

6,600 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:59 am
I loved this! I may not be history fan but I am definatly a Hitler fan(not that I liekd him jsut like I'm intrigued by him) Back in 8th grade a me and a few friends wrote stories on how we had killed Hitler. It was great! And so was this story. That little thought of his seemed like something he would actually think considering the book he wrote! Great job.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:31 am
IBeVee

That was quite lovely, all the reflection and thoughts. I would have liked a little more amusement, maybe a passing smirk or something to go with this sentence
“It’s amusing,” he thought, “How something so small will be what does me in, considering what I’ve done to all those people. Komisch.

Anyhow, job well done, and maybe it was just me rambling because I just re-read [ The Book Thief ]. I love the tone and that it's peppered with little German exclamations.

Angstbucket Edgelord
Vice Captain

Shadowy Phantom

Historical Fiction

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas