Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
NAMCOBANDAI, SEGA, CAPCOM GREATEST CROSSOVER ALL YEARS. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Fashionable Fancy Dress: Cute 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 11:22 am
.hack

someonne posted this on a project x zone thread.

It shows all of the attacks of Kite/BlackRose, and then shows their multi attack Meteor Strike (at 1:01) right after their regular special...  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:58 pm
All the hullabaloo about this game reminded me of you, Net Slum, so I've decided to pop back in for your input!

I'm vaguely curious about this game because of Kite and BlackRose but I am absolutely not familiar with any of the other series the game crosses over. Nope, not even Mega Man. With that in mind, would you guys say this game is worth it storyline-wise or is the "wow look at all these characters we've mashed together!!!" the main driving force?  

fk12

Sylabus

Dedicated Informer

14,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:34 pm
I haven't gotten it yet but its probably more towards the MASHUP! kinda like Smash Bros games are, but I'd ask Tay for sure seeing ash he's got it. XD its still on my must get if I get money again list of games <3 cause I like fighting games.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:52 pm
fk12
All the hullabaloo about this game reminded me of you, Net Slum, so I've decided to pop back in for your input!

I'm vaguely curious about this game because of Kite and BlackRose but I am absolutely not familiar with any of the other series the game crosses over. Nope, not even Mega Man. With that in mind, would you guys say this game is worth it storyline-wise or is the "wow look at all these characters we've mashed together!!!" the main driving force?

If you like the storyline crossover concept of many worlds linked, then yes it's worth it. Having role played and written fanfiction about that specific type of plot in the past (though with original characters of our own), I especially enjoy it.

Project X Zone has a lot of characters from games I haven't played (although having some from games that I have played doesn't hurt); but there is an encyclopedia in the game that explains the games/back story they come from (after you finish the level where you met them).

Each team also has their own unique music when it's their turn. Some of that is nostalgic to me. Also, even though it's turn based, the fighting and timing aspect of attacks prevents it from feeling as repetitive to me as other turn based strategy games. There's a lot of humor and fanservice as well. LMAO at Xiaomu's multi-attack she gets later that involves cosplay...

I've also been impressed with how much of the plot so far has been impacted by .hack. Using .hack in this game makes a smart choice, because there are both "real world" characters and "digital" characters. .hackers are real world characters trapped in digital bodies, so they can serve as a connection to both types of worlds.

You should at least try out the free demo on the eshop if you have a 3ds.

Sylabus: It's not a fighting game so much as a Turn Based Strategy + Timing Attack game, although the attacks look like they would be from a fighting game.  

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Wing Mastery 100

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:03 pm
Finally beat the game, 41 chapters, after about 24 days. unlocks new game+ and all 68 musics to play for fun or use for battle.

warning: final chapter takes a long time (4.5 hours for me) to finish.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 7:02 pm
WHOOOOOOO! Just bought it myself >w< Gonna take me a while between my costuming and work to beat it prolly buuuut....its fun so far. Very Lul-zy~  

Sylabus

Dedicated Informer

14,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:20 am
Sylabus
WHOOOOOOO! Just bought it myself >w< Gonna take me a while between my costuming and work to beat it prolly buuuut....its fun so far. Very Lul-zy~

just do 1-2 chapters a day, that's a good pace.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:56 pm
Tay Lorien
Sylabus

you don't know the kind of gamer I am. XD When I start to play a game, if I get really into it, I'll play it in my free time everyday until its beat as much to completion as I can get it. *looks at over 100 hours blown into the first Kingdom Hearts and over that in the Assassin's Creed Series and the easily dwarfed number with multiple .hack games and saves* sweatdrop  

Sylabus

Dedicated Informer

14,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:03 am
Sylabus
Tay Lorien
Sylabus

you don't know the kind of gamer I am. XD When I start to play a game, if I get really into it, I'll play it in my free time everyday until its beat as much to completion as I can get it. *looks at over 100 hours blown into the first Kingdom Hearts and over that in the Assassin's Creed Series and the easily dwarfed number with multiple .hack games and saves* sweatdrop

I do that sometimes too; it depends on the game.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 7:47 pm
Tay Lorien
Sylabus
Tay Lorien
Sylabus

That it does. ^_^ It has gotten me in a right down predicament though. I gotta finish the game I was playing, but I wanna play this one and then go back into an old series and re-watch/play its games even though I got a stack half my height tall waiting to be played >~<;;  

Sylabus

Dedicated Informer

14,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:28 am
Sylabus
Tay Lorien
Sylabus
Tay Lorien
Sylabus

That it does. ^_^ It has gotten me in a right down predicament though. I gotta finish the game I was playing, but I wanna play this one and then go back into an old series and re-watch/play its games even though I got a stack half my height tall waiting to be played >~<;;

at least you'll have them for when you want them, rather than trying to buy them later.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:40 pm
Tay Lorien
Sylabus
Tay Lorien
Sylabus
Tay Lorien
Sylabus

at least you'll have them for when you want them, rather than trying to buy them later.

Yup. Currently rejoicing the fact I'm a partial game-klepto when it comes down to it. >u<  

Sylabus

Dedicated Informer

14,750 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Loiterer 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:59 pm
I'm playing through it a second time. You get to keep all the music unlocked and your items, but not levels. Monsters are a little harder and drop less stuff sometimes, but there are some new item drops that are rare.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:06 pm
Beat the game twice. Only got one game over that time through.  

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Wing Mastery 100

Tay Lorien

Lonely Knight

63,925 Points
  • Team Rina 200
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:35 pm
PXZ 2 is out!

Tutorial level 4 is a .hack dream. At first, you hear the original song form the first PXZ, as Haseo faces off against Kite. When he realizes it isn't Tri-Edge, it gets a little goofy. Until Tri-Edge shows up (I'm calling him that because Haseo calls original Kite "Azure Kite"). Then cue awesome music, as Gentle Hands begins to play! heart heart

The Resonance of Fate people show up to help them, and add some flirtation when a God Eater returns...  
@Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff