Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tachik

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:46 pm
User Image Bristote was tired of waiting for his old man to come to his senses, even with his sister getting knocked up pops only said Brisote would be his successor as leverage against is sister... what was with the old man thinking his sister was better than him anyway?! He was the man of the family after all the Flying Dutchman was his by birthright! Well if he wasn't going to be given the ship he was going to take it! The laws of the sea were clear you conquer and claim a ship it was yours. That was what he was going to do now, get a ship assemble a crew and go to war with the dutchman claiming her as his own. She was fast but he would be faster, she was strong but he would be stronger.

The shipyard was a loud and bustling place but he found a ship that fit his needs and bought it, now for his crew, a crew he was going to hand pick himself a strong skilled crew he could trust and control  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:13 pm
User Image

Her last trip aboard the Hiril'Anorfalf to visit her parents Nen'Lhach had noticed that certain of the maintenance supplies were getting a touch low; not low enough to worry, but she felt it wouldn't be untoward to arrange a re-supply. After talking to the Quartermaster at the dockyard the arrangements were made; however it would be later that afternoon before she could pick the items up. So why not explore the dock again? There always seemed to be something new going on here.

Sun-splashed ears swiveled to and fro to the sounds of the dockyard as Nen padded down the boardwalk near the bars and the more old fashioned taverns, sky-shaded form streaked with sunny yellow almost hidden behind stormy wings. A few old hands and a handful of new stopped to wave at her, whether recognizing her from her previous forays here or because of her obvious resemblance to Aear'Hwesta who had done far more roving in the area she wasn't always sure. Most paid her little heed after glancing her way. They had more important affairs.

She approached the familiar steps up to the old fashioned tavern with it's old wooden sign and chipped paint proclaiming it "The Rusty Bucket". Her first time here she'd checked it out simply for the sake of her amusement with the choice of name, but it had quickly grown on her. It wasn't the seedy sort of place where you had to watch to make sure you didn't get pick-pocketed or stabbed every few minutes, but neither was it a place that would have been considered "tourist-friendly". Quite the colorful place, and Nen had taken to it just fine. Needless to say she'd not mentioned to her parents about her carousing and occasional bar brawls. No need to give them a reason for undue concern!

A groan from a familiar voice just inside the door had her pivoting her head and then making a beeline for a human fellow trying to hide behind his vest. She plopped her paws on the table, night-over-day colored tails wagging merrily. "Charlieeee~ I didn't know ye got back te town!" She put on her best puppy eyes. "Ye saved me some rum, right?" A resigned sigh and a chuckle came from the other side of the table.
"A'course I did, Lass. Ye'd find a way te drink mine otherwise!"  

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Tachik

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:22 pm
Brisote was pleased with his ship, it was a fine schooner, now all he needed was to crew it, 75 men was her capacity and he hoped to reach it allowing him to divide his crew upon the capture of the Dutchman and sail both ships under his flag. He had recruited a few able bodied men already, there were always those looking for jobs on the docks and he set the to work readying the vessel. Now he just needed to find the rest of his crew and where better to find salors at port than a pub? 'The Rusty Bucket' served as a good of a place to start as any so in he trot looking around at the compliment of sailors with a frown, most of the men here he wouldn't sail with if his life depended on it but if anyone knew a good sailor in need of work it would be the bar keep and the whores, he'd try the bar keep first he jumped onto a stool at the bar "Barkeep scotch three fingers, no ice and any information you have on fine salors in need of work"  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:09 pm
The barkeep pursed his lips thoughtfully as he fixed the young male his scotch, glancing around the room. "A few decent lads in here, though most of the truly skilled hands are already attached to ships a'port here." He pointed to the small table in the corner nearest the door where Nen sat with Charlie and another slightly older sailor who'd just joined them. "Might try Ol' Mac and Charlie over there, and I'm sure you could get in touch with some of their old crew mates through 'em. Captain they were serving under retired a couple of months back and they've been holding out for something else a bit more permanent than the seasonal work available right now. Least wise I assume you're offering something more permanent, as I'm guessing you're the one what was scouring the shipyard for a good vessel this morning?" The barkeep grinned at him, showing some missing teeth that had obviously been knocked out in fights rather than because of poor hygiene. Wasn't every day someone who obviously had good sailing knowledge under his belt came to buy a new ship, after all, and word spread around the docks fast when something unusual happened. They were far more used to some rich-boy tourist taking it into his to play ship's captain than someone who knew what they were doing that didn't already have a ship.

((Didn't really seem any reason to further post Nen and her friends themselves in there for that one, after I got started... XD; ))  

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Tachik

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:59 pm
Brisote finished off his drink with a wince, not a drink you should down that fast but carrying the glass over would be awkward without thumbs and he wanted to make an impression of competence and authority to potential crewmen. He payed for his drink and the information with a "thanks mate" before turning to walk over, he stopped short of doing so and he turned back to the barkeep "on second though why don't you send over the bottle and four glasses?" He put money down for those as well and walked over to the table. Thankfully being the son of Davey Jones he had a great tolerance for alcohol and was unlikely to feel the affects of his drink strongly while recruiting.

"Mind if I join yeh?" He pulled up a chair and sat down at the table with a wink at the soul female. He was hoping the drinks would warm the men up to him enough to join his crew and the lady to spend the night. They were going to be gone at sea for a while best have fun while yeh can. He nodded when the bottle and glassed came handing a glass to each and pouring out a drink. He raised his up for a toast "To new friends and new adventures"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:59 pm
Nen eyed the glasses as they were poured and then the male before her, wondering just what he was up to. Trying to liquor them up for some sort of proposition, though judging by the look he was giving her he had a very different one in mind for the femme at this table. She'd heard the news just now from Charlie about the crew having to disband when their captain retired both himself and his vessel, and odds were this fellow was going to make some sort of job offer, so she'd play along for now for her friends' sakes. "Ye can all start on the scotch, I'm nay letting this rum go te waste!" She pulled the bottle of rum over and started chugging before Charlie could make much objection. One thing was for sure, if Brisote thought he could get Nen drunk enough for a romp he was going to have his work cut out for him. The girl could drink like all four of her legs were hollow!

Charlie sighed and rolled his eyes in fond exasperation at the angelic before reaching for the offered scotch. "I could use more friends that buy me drinks instead of taking them from me, and that's a fact." Nen stopped drinking then long enough to stick her tongue out at the man and thwap him in the leg with a tail. The sailor turned his nose up at her in mock-indignation. Old Mac shook his head at the two "youngsters" and picked up his own glass, turning to eye the newcomer with a bemused but still sharp gaze. "Friends are good, lad, but I can't say I've gone seeking adventures since I was just a pup that thought he was grown. But I appreciate the sentiment."  

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Tachik

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:42 pm
Brisote raised his glass at the lass and smiled before taking a drink himself, he could be charming when he chose. He was more interested in gaining crew so he was willing to take things slower with her than he might have otherwise. "Aye love a lady that can drink" He turned his attention to the gentlemen who spoke showing only the slightest disappointment before speaking "No interest in adventures eh? I suppose that means yer retired? Darn shame too, I was hopin some fine men such as yerselves might be interested in a bit o sailing. I got meself a fine ship deservin of a fine crew, but I get ahead o meself..... Names Brisote, son o Davey Jones, dun recon yeh herd o him? Well no matter, tis a pleasure to make yer aquaintance and if yeh are certain I can't convince you no how, I'll settle meself fer a good drink in good company" He downed the rest of his drink and poured himself another. He was playing a gamble here that the name of his father and his playing cool would snag just enough interest to get them asking him for a job rather than the other way around. Made for better barganing when it came to pay and share o the bounty  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:37 pm
"I said I've not gone seeking adventures, young'un. The sea has a way of bringing it to you whether you were after it or not!" He chortled a bit. "She's a fine mistress to serve, though her temper and her humor can be harsh." He took a sip of the scotch, testing it. "If there'd been decent work for a decent captain 'round here these past months I'd already have been back out. When I die I want it to be on the sea, and they can just dump my body in the waves on the way to port." Mac returned to the scotch, thinking that was enough said until he got a better feel for this Brisote.

Charlie was younger and more impetuous, though, and quite puzzled. "Well I've heard o' the Davey Jones, but no regular one 'round these parts at least." He eyed Brisote, raising an eyebrow. "Less'n ye're claiming to be the son of a man more myth than not."

"Oh, he is claimin'." Nen stated in between drinks. After another she added, "Tellin' the truth 'bout it, too."

"Ye're kidding me, Lass."

"Nay, he's speakin' the truth."

Charlie sat there gaping for a moment, not certain whether he was more surprised about Brisote or the fact that Nen seemed so nonchalant about it. Nen finally reached over and shut his mouth for him with a paw and he flushed. "Ye say he's truly the son o' the Davey Jones and ye're carrying on as if nothin' strange was goin' on?"

"Me aunt's a damned spectral guardian beast, me family friends are a bunch of psychics and wizards, I play paintball with an efreeti, a gravity manipulator, a critter tha's practially made o' elastic, a pyromancer, and a guy that's soul-bonded te a dragon. I'm supposed te get worked up over meeting the son o' Davey Jones? It's par for the course, Charlie."

"...I s'pose ye have a point, Lass." He shook his head, a bit dazed now at the thought that his little furry friend was used to this sort of thing on a daily basis. "I gotta say I'm still impressed by the should-be impossibleness o' the idea."

Mac finally spoke up again after finishing his glass of scotch. "Well, sounds like it'd be remiss of me not to ask what you're offering, under the circumstances. If the son of Davey Jones hisself is up here looking for a crew I imagine it's got to be for something better than seasonal fishing work."

((It's not her actual power like it is for her mother, but Nen has picked up Seer's knack for knowing when someone's telling the truth or not.))  

Haisyn Fierra

Dangerous Gekko

11,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Tachik

7,250 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:49 pm
Brisote allowed himself just the slightest hint of a smile at Charlie's reaction to hearing his father's identity he wondered how the chap would react to learn who his mother was, the girl intrigued him even more how accustomed she was to such things, but he couldn't blame her he knew quite an odd and varied sort as well though he preferred sailors and wenches, and of course the sea. He sipped his drink and watched them converse but put his glass down to talk business. "Aye that it be, work for as long as yeh can handle, to the four corners o the world an back. Free as yeh like, our own masters, plenty need o ships out there plenty of work to be done. What say you?"  
Kitsusagi Roleplay

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games