Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
High Impulse Weapon System

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Asmusei

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:20 am
I'm certain some of you have seen this weapon before, seeing as how the video is about six years old now, but I thought it interesting. However, the weapon system would be great for the Tau; none of the infantry have any real fire power, so why not a shoulder-fired Mortar? It would obviously have less punch to it and maybe the accuracy as the one the IG have, but a heavy weapon would be great, none the less.

In case you have not seen it before, here is the demonstration of it being fired, properly and improperly:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyAl9qK3Rlg  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:06 am
I'm moving this to the 40k subforum by the end of the day, this doesn't really belong here now does it? wink  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Asmusei

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:20 pm
Lady Blodwynn
I'm moving this to the 40k subforum by the end of the day, this doesn't really belong here now does it? wink
The idea of the thread is to model such a weapon, not just discuss it.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:43 pm
Asmusei
Lady Blodwynn
Going over the OP I don't see such a notion coming up, but if you can provide an actual model, challenge accepted. wink  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Asmusei

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:49 pm
Lady Blodwynn
Asmusei
Lady Blodwynn
Going over the OP I don't see such a notion coming up, but if you can provide an actual model, challenge accepted. wink
SO only if I actually build the thing would you even take it as such? I was looking for construction ideas before committing. Sorry I didn't spell that outright in the OP.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:52 pm
Asmusei
Lady Blodwynn
Asmusei
Lady Blodwynn
SO only if I actually build the thing would you even take it as such? I was looking for construction ideas before committing. Sorry I didn't spell that outright in the OP.
My sincerest of apologies, to me it felt more like a rule or fluff suggestion than anything else. Again, sincere apologies, no harm or insult meant.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Asmusei

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:04 pm
Lady Blodwynn
Asmusei
Lady Blodwynn
Asmusei
Lady Blodwynn
My sincerest of apologies, to me it felt more like a rule or fluff suggestion than anything else. Again, sincere apologies, no harm or insult meant.
And I took none, thus I made my replies as I did.
Here, I'll inject that into the OP to make it more apparent.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:18 pm
I'd say to use a Pulse or Rail rifle as a base, and build it up with an imperial rocket launcher or grenade launcher tube. THe goal here is to make it still keep the tau look of being somewhat blocky while still being a launcher.

Alternately, use the rifle base and build a plasticard box with a tube centered in it, then mount range finding bits and other fliff to make it look proper.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Asmusei

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:34 pm
Caleidah
I'd say to use a Pulse or Rail rifle as a base, and build it up with an imperial rocket launcher or grenade launcher tube. THe goal here is to make it still keep the tau look of being somewhat blocky while still being a launcher.

Alternately, use the rifle base and build a plasticard box with a tube centered in it, then mount range finding bits and other fliff to make it look proper.
I suppose; take a site off of the top of a rifle, add that to the side, take the mostly-bent arm and redo the shoulder to be holding the weapon on the top and outside, then rotate the wrist of a left arm reaching out and greenstuff new fingers? I could use the chamber and butt-stock of a spare rifle as well for the box side, but the barrel I was thinking of just scratch-building from sprues.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games