Submit

Good?
  Damn right. I love everything LTJ touches
  Meh... I've heard better
  Didn't they used to be a ska band?
View Results

twoshoes42

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:25 pm
Three songs from their new album, In With The Out Crowd, are up here.
I'm not exactly bored with Anthem or B Is For B Sides by any means, but I was excited to hear new music from LTJ again.

But I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed. It's too poppy, and has gone a long way from Losing Streak, my current favorite. I'll probably end up buying it and going to the Warped Tour this summer just to see them anyway.

So what does everyone else think of the new songs?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:30 pm
Your right that losing streak was their best album, but I think they lost most of their ska touch in anthem. The only really ska song on anthem is The Science of Selling Yourself Short.  

GIoom
Vice Captain

UreshiiNyoko

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 3:09 pm
I was wearing my LTJ shirt yesterday and this guy just shouted out "LESS THAN JAKE?! YOU'RE MY HERO!" and walked off. I was kinda confused but I talked to him later and apparently he's only heard the Anthem. crying I was so hopeful that I might have found another rudie.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:43 pm
B is for B-Sides was the first LTJ album I bought.
They're good and all, but not one of my favorite bands.
My friend told me they brought back the horns/ska sound for a few songs on their new album, but I'm not going to buy it.  

Asthen

Vincent M. Martyr

Unbeatable Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 3:07 am
Funny, i'm wearing my LTJ shirt at this moment from when I went to see them in concert. But when it comes to albums, Hello Rockview takes it. A good balance of Ska and Punk. Started at Goodbye Blue & White and worked up and then got the earlier albums. At the concert though, Roger said that the record label wanted them to start dressin in a** hugging pants. Everybody bood that idea.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:59 pm
"a** huggin pants" would have made me giggle. I've only ever heard Hello Rockview and Anthem and a bit of Pezcore (?).  

UreshiiNyoko

Asthen

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:22 pm
I've got B is for B Sides, Losing Streak, and Hello Rockview ripped onto my computer.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:37 pm
I was giving them a good hard listen over the weekend, and realized that the ska has really been gone since Hello Rockview. So I'm not quite so upset about this new album anymore, the songs are even kinda starting to grow on me. It was just kind of a shock to suddenly realize how pop-punk they've gotten, but I'll always love them. heart  

twoshoes42

Rude Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff