Welcome to Gaia! ::

All Writers United

Back to Guilds

A place for any and all writers to share their brilliance. 

Tags: writing, literature, fantasy, horror, roleplay 

Reply Poetics
Alone

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

My-Demonic-Daydreams

Liberal Shapeshifter

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:06 pm
Alone,
This word echoes through the empty streets of a town whose name had been lost in time. The rain steadily beat down in the old houses which had long since been abandoned. The sound of rusty wind chimes and the rain entwined itself into an eerie melody that played in a constant loop through the empty streets. What had happened that caused such a thing to happen to this town?

Not many people know all they honestly know is that this nameless town is empty. Abandoned by the people who created it. That broken building on the corner was once a coffee shop. Those rows of dark, lonely homes were once filled with families. But now they are gone forever. They moved on to the big cities, trying to keep up with our rapidly evolving economy. And in the process they forgot their roots. They forgot where they came from while trying to keep up with the world. They only looked at where they were going and lost sight of where they started.

Now all that's left is the tiny, abandoned, nameless town. This town has nothing left. No one to come back and fix all of its dents and scars. It now only has the rain and the old wind chimes to keep it company. The echoes of the past still linger here adding to the depression that already took residence in this town.
It is now, and forever will be, alone.

Okay this is my first time doing anything like this. I wrote this up out of pure boredom but I'd love to hear what you think of it! Comments? Constructive criticism?  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:25 pm
I think your poem is beautiful. A dramatic tale of woe, representing your observations and dramatizing what is real in your life. I love it.  

econutterj

DrksStoryteller9000

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:35 am
your writing reminds me of how many places are now being treated like that. you do a great job of showing the emptiness of the town  
Poetics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games