Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply The White Tomb [Archives]
Master Reynard's Marvelous Menagerie

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Master Reynard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:16 pm
User Image

User Image

HELLO! YOU THERE! YES YOU FINE LOOKING POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS!
-What?
Madam Puddyfoot's?
Ah, lost are you? Never fear for the Great Master Reynard is here!
*bows and hurries forward to shake hands*
My customers are my friends and I'm always willing to help my friends.
Buy my wares and become my friend and you will reap the rewards.
*Turning to a knobbly old wizard*
Ah! Good sir, is that-- a galleon behind your ear?
*Holds Up a Galleon* Not to worry, it must be mine.
*He smiles and pockets the galleon as the old wizard checks his pockets
for his gold and squeaks "Hey! Where'd my money go?"*
As I was saying wa-what? Uh my -my Seller's Permit?
*He goes red and loosens his collar nervously* Yes of course, I've got my
paperwork right here, madam, but first-OH My! Is that your galleon behind
your ear? Yes, I'm sure it is, there you go!
*Stuffs the galleon into the witch's hand and hurriedly ushers the woman
towards the main street* And the way to Madam Puddyfoot's is just back
the way you came and a left on High Street, mind you don't get lost now!
*He calls after her as she walks away* And remember, friends don't call
the authorities on their friends!

Now that is out of the way, allow me to introduce myself, I am known as Master Reynard User Image and I am a thei-the-the-Thespian! Yes, a thespian and a merchant of sorts. I am the founder of the "Charlatanenconjurors Traveling Acting Troupe" and as we travel around the globe I find myself accumulating many rare items of great intrigue and value that I have come here to sell to you fine pocket-jingling customers!

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:51 pm
User Image

~*Rules*~

1. Follow all the rules set in Gaia's ToS. Violators will not be considered my friends, and therefore will be subjected to the wrath of the almighty Gaia Administrators!

2. Follow all HPGoG rules. Violators will lose points from their house and become the proverbial Crumple-horned Snorcack in a herd of Unicorns to their House-mates.

3. There are 2 steps that must be followed for each item: First Haggling and then Bidding. Buyers must check the "My Wares" post, where the current process an item is undergoing will be in Bold under the item name.

4. For "Haggling" I will project a random number between 5-15, this will indicate the number of posts for which the proceedings will last. (+1 if necessary so that I have the opportunity to accept, or counter your offer)
    For "Bidding" I will project a random number between 5-20, this will indicate the number of posts for which the bidding will occur.

5. Haggling Operates on a "First-Come, First-Serve" standard. The first person to offer a price on an item will be the one and only person who haggles for that item. If at the end of their allotted haggling posts they still cannot afford the item, then the item will be opened up to other members and bidding will begin. (Please note that just because you haggle on an item doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be the one to receive that item)

6. You may only haggle for one item at a time, so choose wisely.

7. Before Bidding can begin, there have to be at least 3 "takers" that show an interest in the item.

8. You may bid on as many as 3 different items at once.

9. You must be able to follow through on all gold amounts offered in BIDDING. Please take into account that bidding on multiple items could mean combining the bid prices for that item. For haggling you may offer a price out of your depth, but the goal is to get item's cost within your price range.

10. In all bids and Haggling offers, you must also include the Post Number Out of the Total, the Item Name, and whether you are Haggling or Bidding. If you Out bid someone, you must quote them, but please delete the contents of their post, I'm not a fan of colossal Quote trees.

11. All Sales are Final, there will be no refunds.

12. Please Enjoy!

User Image

Sir Master Reynard

Sir Master Reynard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 4:57 pm
User Image

How to Proceed...
User Image User Image User Image
Haggling, Bidding, and Buying

As I said in the rules there are Two Processes to which each item may be subjected: Haggling and Bidding.

In each post that you make an Offer or Bid you MUST copy and paste the following code into your post.

[align=center][b][color=palevioletred] | [/color][color=mediumvioletred] #1/15 [/color][color=palevioletred] | [/color][color=mediumvioletred] Item Name [/color][color=palevioletred] | [/color][color=mediumvioletred] Haggling [/color][color=palevioletred] | [/color][/b][/align]

It should look something like this...

Quote:
| #1/15 | Item Name | Haggling |

Once you've pasted it you simply, edit the numbers to reflect your post number out of the total number that Sir Reynard projected. Then change "Item Name" to the name of the item you're making an offer on. And lastly change the last bit to reflect whether you are Haggling or Bidding. This should be posted in addition to you're own words, making an offer.

*~Haggling*~

"Haggling" is when you bargain with the seller to try to get them to lower their price.

You may only Haggle with Reynard over one item at a time
The object of this shop is for you to haggle with Reynard the "master" deceiver. Haggling is when you bargain with the seller to try to get them to lower their price.

Here is a short summary of how it will work...

The way this will work in this shop is that you will post showing interest in an item for which you'd like to haggle. Then Master Reynard will respond to your post and project a random number. The number that he projects will be the number of posts you have to get Reynard to knock his price down to within your price-range. If at the end of the number of posts you still can't afford the item then you must forfeit the item and it will be put up for bidding. If you can afford it then you may purchase it for the final price that Reynard agreed to at the end of the haggling.

Step One: Post showing interest in the item for which you'd like to haggle by simply stating "I'd like to haggle for [Item Name]." This will essentially reserve the item for you, as it it's first come first serve. Be sure to check that no one else has claimed it before you by checking the "My Wares" post below.

Step Two: Master Reynard will respond to your post and project a random number between 5 and 15. The number projected will be the number of posts you will have to get Reynard to agree to a cost within your price range. The number of posts includes Reynard's counter-offer posts and the first post counted will always be the random number projection post where he will make his starting offer.
((Also, the number generated may be +1 if needed be so that Sir Reynard is last one to make an offer.))

Step Three: Haggle!
You're goal is to get the best price you possibly can on the item, and to do this, you'll want to get Master Reynard to knock the price down to his "Floor."
A "Floor" is the lowest possible price that a merchant is willing to sell a particular item. To do this you'll have to make each of you're price cuts seem reasonable, though some daring cuts may prove fruitful.

You can only go lower than the last price Reynard has offered by up to 20,000g (so that's the maximum amount you can take off per-offer, not overall). Please note that, price cuts should be relative to the starting price: smaller for less expensive items and larger for more expensive ones. If you get Reynard to his floor before you're number of posts are up, he'll continue to offer the same price repeatedly and won't budge. If you feel that you've haggled successfully and can afford to purchase the item at the end of the number of posts, then you can send a trade to me, "Sir Master Reynard."
Please label the trade as: "[Item Name] HPGoG Event"

If you've reached then end and either still cannot afford to or you technically can purchase the item, but you think that you could have gotten the price lower, then you can decline the purchase. Once declined, the object will move onto Bidding, where the starting price will always be Master Reynard's floor.

~*Bidding*~

Step One:
If an item has been haggled on but the haggler couldn't afford the item or chose to take their chances, then the item will move onto the bidding process. Before the actual bidding can begin, however, there must be at least 3 takers who show interest in an object. To show interest as a "taker" simply state "I'd like to bid for [Item Name]."

Step Two: Once there are 3 takers, we will start a bidding war!
Master Reynard will project a random number between 5 and 20, the number he projects will be the total number of bids there will be for that item. The bidder who makes the final post of the projected number will be allowed to purchase the item for their final bid-price. In this post (counted as Post #1 out of however many), he will state the starting price, which will be his floor and will usually be lower than the last Haggle Price.

Step Three: Bidding!
To bid on an item, simply state your bid, and include the form noted above with the appropriate information filled in.
You do not have to have been one of the 3 original takers to participate in the bidding process, late comers are welcome!
Bids cannot exceed 5,000g over the previous bid. Due to the nature of the post-count limit, the amount you bid is not as much of an issue as the frequence with which you check back. Also, because of the "no one member can post twice in a row" rule, and the understandable reluctance for bidders to be the second-to-last post, Sir Master Reynard will always make that post so that for the last post, all of the bidders will have free reign.(Some of this is subject to change if necessary.)

Each time you outbid someone you must quote them, but please refrain from creating long quote trees.

Step Four: The final bidder should send a trade labeled "[Item Name] HPGoG Event" to Sir Master Reynard with an offer of the final gold amount that they bid. In the event that the final bidder cannot pay the amount they bid, the item will be sold to the next most recent bidder (that wasn't Master Reynard)

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:12 pm
User Image

~*My Wares*~

Box Bundle:

User Image #1 Haggling User Image #2 Bidding User Image crying No Offers Made Yet!

User Image2 Enchanted Wooden Trunk
User Image2 Pink Magical Giftboxes
User Image1 Blue Magical Giftbox
User Image1 Brown Magical Giftbox

Box Bundle Starting Price: 11,702g

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Aquarium Bundle:

#1 Haggling User Image #2 Bidding User Image crying No Offers Made Yet! User Image

1 Aquarium Squid [l]iteUser Image
1 Aquarium Sharktooth Fish User Image
1 Aquarium Fountain User Image
1 Aquarium Bubbler User Image

Aquarium Bundle Starting Price: 16,061g

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Good Witch:

User Image #1 Haggling User Image #2 Bidding User Image 2 Takers, 1 Needed

User Image1 Good Witch

Good Witch Starting Price: 36,005g

Gift of the Stars:

#1 Haggling User Image #2 Bidding User Image crying No Offers Made Yet! User Image

1 Gift of the Stars User Image

Gift of the Stars Starting Price: 69,070g

Monthly Collectivle Letter August 2011:

User Image #1 Haggling User Image #2 Bidding User Image crying No Offers Made Yet!

User Image 1 Monthly Collectible Letter August 2011

Monthly Collectivle Letter August 2011 Starting Price: 81,740g

Ink Bundle:

4 White Ink User Image
100 Red Ink User Image
100 Brown Ink User Image
100 Yellow Ink User Image
100 Green Ink User Image
100 Blue Ink User Image
100 Black Ink User Image

Ink Bundle Starting Price: 138,844g

Fausto's Bottle: Dreams and Nightmares:

User Image1 Fausto's Bottle: Dreams and Nightmares

Fausto's Bottle: Dreams and Nightmares Starting Price: 1,444,158g

User Image

Sir Master Reynard

Sir Master Reynard

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:13 pm
User Image

~*My Records*~

Box Bundle:
Box Bundle Starting Price: 11,702g
Haggling: Not Yet Claimed
P#1: 11,702g
Haggler Offer : P#2
P#3: Counter Offer
etc.

Bidding:
Takers: _____, ______, _____
P#1:
5,266g

Aquarium Bundle:
Aquarium Bundle Starting Price: 16,061g
P#1: 16,061g
etc.

Bidding:
P#1:

Good Witch:
Good Witch Starting Price: 36,005g
P#1: 36,005g
etc.

Bidding:
P#1:
16,202g

Gift of the Stars:
Gift of the Stars Starting Price: 69,070g
P#1: 69,070g
etc.

Bidding:
P#1:
31,082g

Monthly Collectivle Letter August 2011:
Monthly Collectivle Letter August 2011 Starting Price: 81,740g
P#1: 81,740g
etc.

Bidding:
P#1:
36,783g

Ink Bundle:
Ink Bundle Starting Price: 138,844g
P#1: 138,844g
etc.

Bidding:
P#1:
62,479g

Fausto's Bottle: Dreams and Nightmares:
Fausto's Bottle: Dreams and Nightmares Starting Price: 1,444,158g
P#1: 1,444,158g
etc.

Bidding:
P#1:
649,871g

User Image

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 12:34 pm
What would you like, my fine, fine friends?
I've got items that are sure to amaze you!

Sir Master Reynard

The White Tomb [Archives]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff