The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Commorragh terrain

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you want to play games of 40K set in Commorragh?
  yes
  no
  don't know
  goldz!
View Results

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:57 pm
I'd like to sometime start a campaign where some wayward Imperial Guard force (mine, more precisely) stumble into Commorragh and/or feral Orks from spores released by Ork slaves that grew in the dark alleys and shadows of the Dark City fight a desperate battle against the Dark Eldar denizens for survival.

I've read about Commorragh from the latest codex, which did, for its credit, have a lot of information about Commorragh, but the question that makes this thread belong here and not in the 40K discussion is:

What does Commorragh look like?

If and when I do launch the campaign, obviously I'll need to make some terrain to fight in and around, and right now I'm at a complete loss in this department. Any suggestions or ideas?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:11 am
If I recall correctly the Salamanders novel "Firedrake" also takes place on that location for most of the novel. Might be worth picking up to get an even more in-depth idea of how things look.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 5:19 am
There is entire chapter in DE codex on how Vect used a trapped Salamanders cruiser, and then following Imperium warfleet foray into Commoragh to crush (then) ruling aristocratic elite and emerge on top of power vacuum himself...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:09 pm
I know, and the only conventions of Commorragh are the obsidian streets, the captive star, and the tall spires. The tale doesn't describe the architecture in enough detail for me to get a feel for it, which is my main problem. I might look into reading Firedrake to see if it has a better description of Commorragh.  

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:16 pm
http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?289537-Dark-elf-tower-tutorial might get handy?  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 6:19 am
notmuch_23
I know, and the only conventions of Commorragh are the obsidian streets, the captive star, and the tall spires. The tale doesn't describe the architecture in enough detail for me to get a feel for it, which is my main problem. I might look into reading Firedrake to see if it has a better description of Commorragh.
Isn't there a picture of Commarragh in the main rulebook, in the Dark Eldar section? Not much to go on, but it's a start.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:42 pm
DarkElf27
notmuch_23
Isn't there a picture of Commarragh in the main rulebook, in the Dark Eldar section? Not much to go on, but it's a start.

There is, from afar. Can't tell what it looks like up close though, like for tabletop level...  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games