Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:20 pm
The Undead Suitor
acn period
___● I don't understand why he's split gaia so thoroughly. What did he do?!

No srsly, I'm not caught up with the manga.

It's nothing in the comics, the reason he's so polarizing is just his particular brand of...humor...or humorless ironic lack of it.

Basically, he's "funny" because he's "not".

Get it? It's ironic!

Also most people hate him because after he was introduced he was in about 8 events the first year he was a character. And even given his so-so popularity, has been handed every opportunity to be in every event they want him in, where as any other character who is not /extremely/ popular is left to rot out of "lack of interest".

blah blah blah h8ing on fictional characters blah blah blah

I for one hate him because he replaced the Easter Bunny. As well as becoming the patron NPC of Valentine's Day, April Fool's Day and all summer events.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:21 pm
Ooh Ooh Deja Vu
Prince Ichi
also i'm dying from a point suitor brought up

A lot of the people who like Diedrich also tend to not like Homestuck, and they're essentially the same brand of humor.
I must be the only one on the internet that has no idea what or who Homestruck is.
Homestuck sucks.

You might like it.

Let me google that for you.  

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Sairalinde Telemnar

Star Seeker

8,600 Points
  • Champion 300
  • Medalist 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:25 pm
Prince Ichi
Sairalinde Telemnar
Prince Ichi
Sairalinde Telemnar
I think Diedrich's unfunny-ness is more entertaining that a lot of Gaia's deliberate jokes.

Generally, I don't really care about Gaia's characters though *shrug*
emotion_facepalm

He IS a deliberate joke.

By being "not funny" from the get-go, he is intended to be a humorous joke character, mostly playing off un-funny ironic statements and the air morbidity that followed him through the air ship event.

He is not MAKING the jokes, rather, his whole character is the joke, which is why a lot of people don't like him. Also because when you don't find him humorous, he's just ******** annoying, and takes up cameo space for more loved and "established" human characters.

I get that he's deliberately "not funny" emotion_eyebrow

Let me re-phrase: It's because of Diedrich's "not funny" style of humor that I actually believe him to be entertaining occasionally, particularly in comparison with the rest of the humor on this website.
I understand what you're saying, but he's still pretty low-brow.

Oh, sure, I agree with you that Diedrich is low-brow. If he was seriously widely considered to be a more sophisticated joke then I'd quickly join the ranks of the Diedrich haters out there.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:09 pm
I dislike him, not hate him.

Only because he is shoved into many events now. And leaving the other NPCs out.

And of course, he's not funny anymore.  

Zolcrailtis

Codebreaking Shapeshifter

User 4385700

Tipsy Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:33 pm
I hate the b*****d cuz he's a mockery of everything the Grunny Empire stood for.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:53 pm
Yeata Zi
I for one hate him because he replaced the Easter Bunny. As well as becoming the patron NPC of Valentine's Day, April Fool's Day and all summer events.

I don't hate Diedrich, but I don't like him at all for precisely the reasons you've mentioned. Don't forget the Diedrich Christmas ornament when no other NPC on Gaia was honored with a Christmas ornament, not even Santa. If they didn't keep fishing for ways to force him on us every single event, I'd find him to be just mildly annoying.  

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:58 pm
Sachie Whitby
Yeata Zi

I don't hate Diedrich, but I don't like him at all for precisely the reasons you've mentioned. Don't forget the Diedrich Christmas ornament when no other NPC on Gaia was honored with a Christmas ornament, not even Santa. If they didn't keep fishing for ways to force him on us every single event, I'd find him to be just mildly annoying.
Yeah, I probably wouldn't care if he wasn't in everything.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff