Welcome to Gaia! ::

██Sparkling Waters Guild██ Inactive ATM

Back to Guilds

Jump into the waters of Dolphins, Mermaids, Monsters, and earn tons of Gold! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Sparkling Waters Guild, Aquarium, Tanks, Gold 

Reply █ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements
THIS IS A SAD DAY FOR ME!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

GailAnne Munchkin

Conservative Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:16 pm
As a Booty Grab tank owner I've enjoyed high-trigger tanks for the past couple of years. Sadly, I've now placed all my fish in Barrett's freezer indefinitely and have done the same with my Mules "Dusty Golightly" and "Bluebelle Babe". I've done this because Gaia is seriously nerfing our tanks. When I go to play my own tank with one of my mules and out of fifteen Memphis fish, One Enki and one Dolphin there's only one or two mermaids glowing, then I come to realize it isn't worth the expense of buying more fish, especially since I can't buy mermaids in the fish shop and because of that they are way too expensive on the marketplace to be profitable! I used to make 50 or 60,000g a day and now am lucky to get 5,000 with this tank and 2,000 with Bluebelle Babe's. I shut down Dusty's tank awhile back for the same reason.

So... I'll still play Booty Grab when I have the time, and every time I play a tank I promise to bump. I always bump a tank at least twice and most of the time three times and ask you BG players to do the same. Tank owners work very hard on their tanks at quite an expense, whether it's Gaia Gold or Cash, so help them out by bumping whether you own a tank or not.

Even though I haven't been able to spend a lot of time here (or anywhere else on the web) SPARKLING WATERS has been my favorite Guild. heart  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:17 pm
Thank you so much GailAnne heart

emotion_0A0 Do you know what Barrette does with your fishes when you give them to them?! emotion_facepalm NOOOO! xDD

Thank you very much for letting us play your tanks *tickles the fishes*.
Indeed so much nerfing has happened one is lucky to be even able to make profit... sweatdrop ..
I thought of making a tank before but then again a nerfing happened the next day.. neutral

PM Reply

I think Dusty's tank is on the other list I made sometime ago.
Thank you very much for letting me know Gail.
I'd love to see your tank again sometime...soon? xD
I hope gaia sees something else to bother with and leave the tanks alone.. D:  

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain

GailAnne Munchkin

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:43 pm
chiisai-akanbo
Thank you so much GailAnne heart

emotion_0A0 Do you know what Barrette does with your fishes when you give them to them?! emotion_facepalm NOOOO! xDD

Thank you very much for letting us play your tanks *tickles the fishes*.
Indeed so much nerfing has happened one is lucky to be even able to make profit... sweatdrop ..
I thought of making a tank before but then again a nerfing happened the next day.. neutral

PM Reply

I think Dusty's tank is on the other list I made sometime ago.
Thank you very much for letting me know Gail.
I'd love to see your tank again sometime...soon? xD
I hope gaia sees something else to bother with and leave the tanks alone.. D:

Hi! Thanks for your sweet response. heart

You said "I hope Gaia sees something else to bother with and leave the tanks alone." I second that hope, but it truly doesn't seem likely. Still, sometimes I hope I'm wrong and this is one of those times. smile

I thank you for doing so much work on the BG tanks and for the format you have them in. It's one of the reasons I prefer to play BG here. Keep up the good work and my tanks will definitely be back when and if Gaia admin comes to their senses!  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:13 pm
It's really sad when they do things like that. BG is the only way that I can really make gold, besides spending hours doing cash offers to buy/sell items. Gaia just nerfs BG to death without realizing other things it can do to drive down inflation and drive down the insane, high cost of items here on Gaia.

I know I shouldn't talk about it here, but since you did mention you had Memphis, I figure I'll say it anyway. It still pisses me off they took away Memphis, directly lying to us, saying "Memphis will only be gone for a few weeks" and it's been like what? Five months now? And in recent ATA, Pan's said "Memphis are unbalanced" and that if/when they bring her back, she'd be severely tweaked (which I assume to mean nerfed)

ArrancarYoruichi

Moonlight Cat

15,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Olympian 200

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:19 pm
Mermaids always glowed in small bunches though and it was random with how many would glow. I have a full tank of 17 and I would be extremely lucky to have them all glow at once which pretty much never happens. Normally out of my 17 I would say on average about 5 to 10 of them glow at once with the rare occasion of 15 or more glowing.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:42 pm
GailAnne Munchkin
As a Booty Grab tank owner I've enjoyed high-trigger tanks for the past couple of years. Sadly, I've now placed all my fish in Barrett's freezer indefinitely and have done the same with my Mules "Dusty Golightly" and "Bluebelle Babe". I've done this because Gaia is seriously nerfing our tanks. When I go to play my own tank with one of my mules and out of fifteen Memphis fish, One Enki and one Dolphin there's only two mermaids glowing, then I come to realize it isn't worth the expense of buying more fish, especially since I can't buy mermaids in the fish shop and because of that they are way too expensive on the marketplace to be profitable! I used to make 50 or 60,000g a day and now am lucky to get 5,000 with this tank and 2,000 with Bluebelle Babe's. I shut down Dusty's tank awhile back for the same reason.

So... I'll still play Booty Grab when I have the time, and every time I play a tank I promise to bump. I always bump a tank at least twice and most of the time three times and ask you BG players to do the same. Tank owners work very hard on their tanks at quite an expense, whether it's Gaia Gold or Cash, so help them out by bumping whether you own a tank or not.

Even though I haven't been able to spend a lot of time here (or anywhere else on the web) SPARKLING WATERS has been my favorite Guild. heart

Hello, GailAnne Munchkin.

I'm sorry to hear about your predicament. That has been a situation for me when I first started a Memphis tank, along with 5 Kokeshi Dolls (I knew that mermaids rarely glow in large groups). There were times when I wasn't able to tend my tank, and left them stagnant for a couple weeks lol. True, Memphis are insanely expensive in the MP now, so I have these Dolphins and Giant Coatls as replacements.

I'm not online most of the time, especially on weekdays when I work. I'd be really lucky if I can catch my glows at least 3-4 times on the weekends, so I don't really make enough from what I spend. But I think it's still fun to own a tank and be part of the Aquarium community. biggrin

Well at least you're still here to stay and enjoy BG like most of us. smile  

Mitsukichan03

GailAnne Munchkin

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:26 am
ArrancarYoruichi
It's really sad when they do things like that. BG is the only way that I can really make gold, besides spending hours doing cash offers to buy/sell items. Gaia just nerfs BG to death without realizing other things it can do to drive down inflation and drive down the insane, high cost of items here on Gaia.

I know I shouldn't talk about it here, but since you did mention you had Memphis, I figure I'll say it anyway. It still pisses me off they took away Memphis, directly lying to us, saying "Memphis will only be gone for a few weeks" and it's been like what? Five months now? And in recent ATA, Pan's said "Memphis are unbalanced" and that if/when they bring her back, she'd be severely tweaked (which I assume to mean nerfed)

It's perfectly ok to write about the Memphis problem in this thread hon. Thank you for your response. heart

Yes, I take "tweaked" to mean "nerfed" too. Well, they are doing a great job of ruining our tanks and ruining our relationship with the Gaia admin, aren't they? It's a shame, but they seem to think they know best. Do they really? Personally, I don't think so.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:29 am
azndreams
Mermaids always glowed in small bunches though and it was random with how many would glow. I have a full tank of 17 and I would be extremely lucky to have them all glow at once which pretty much never happens. Normally out of my 17 I would say on average about 5 to 10 of them glow at once with the rare occasion of 15 or more glowing.

What you say is true, and I was used to having somewhere between five and ten fish glowing. But when it got down to just two of them glowing it was simply too much. So now they aren't glowing but they aren't dying off either with no one to replace them, at least not at an affordable price. I hesitate to go back to Dolphins, which I had at one time, because as soon as I get a full tank of them I can't trust Gaia not to remove them from the shop.  

GailAnne Munchkin

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

GailAnne Munchkin

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:33 am
Mitsukichan03
GailAnne Munchkin
As a Booty Grab tank owner I've enjoyed high-trigger tanks for the past couple of years. Sadly, I've now placed all my fish in Barrett's freezer indefinitely and have done the same with my Mules "Dusty Golightly" and "Bluebelle Babe". I've done this because Gaia is seriously nerfing our tanks. When I go to play my own tank with one of my mules and out of fifteen Memphis fish, One Enki and one Dolphin there's only two mermaids glowing, then I come to realize it isn't worth the expense of buying more fish, especially since I can't buy mermaids in the fish shop and because of that they are way too expensive on the marketplace to be profitable! I used to make 50 or 60,000g a day and now am lucky to get 5,000 with this tank and 2,000 with Bluebelle Babe's. I shut down Dusty's tank awhile back for the same reason.

Hello, GailAnne Munchkin.

I'm sorry to hear about your predicament. That has been a situation for me when I first started a Memphis tank, along with 5 Kokeshi Dolls (I knew that mermaids rarely glow in large groups). There were times when I wasn't able to tend my tank, and left them stagnant for a couple weeks lol. True, Memphis are insanely expensive in the MP now, so I have these Dolphins and Giant Coatls as replacements.

I'm not online most of the time, especially on weekdays when I work. I'd be really lucky if I can catch my glows at least 3-4 times on the weekends, so I don't really make enough from what I spend. But I think it's still fun to own a tank and be part of the Aquarium community. biggrin

Well at least you're still here to stay and enjoy BG like most of us. smile

If it's ok with you to spend more than you make, then that's fine, but it's not ok with me to do the same. I still have the tank, and as I get the light fish they keep sending I'll put them in it. I had a bunch of them for this tank but sent them to one of my mule's to put in her tank as I put her mermaids in the freezer long before I did mine. I still have to feed light fish even though they don't glow, but they'll leave drops when they die. The drops probably won't amount to much, but that's okay as I'm not spending any money on my tanks anymore... at least for now.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:53 am
GailAnne Munchkin

Hmm maybe it's just some people then because my mermaids still glow like they normally would. I'm not seeing a nerfing of how many glow at one time because it was always random and still is random.

Also I've always used GC to buy my fish and never bought them off the MP because if I was to go that way I probably would be cringing to make a profit. This way anything I make it purely profit. I remember I would spend so much GC on the dolphins and make tons of tanks with those. Oh those were the days. Ha ha.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

Arch Angel Neko

Dangerous Tycoon

10,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 7:10 am
@ gail - I know hot it feels own a memphis mermaid tank. I own one and they never *NEVER* glowed in groups. I have 17 of them and like azndreams mentioned they always glow in poor numbers. Though I do think your tank would do even better as of now if you have more guild invites/thread invites etc. And maybe take care at least 4 of your glows a day. I promise you it would do you wonders.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:16 am
Arch Angel Neko
@ gail - I know hot it feels own a memphis mermaid tank. I own one and they never *NEVER* glowed in groups. I have 17 of them and like azndreams mentioned they always glow in poor numbers. Though I do think your tank would do even better as of now if you have more guild invites/thread invites etc. And maybe take care at least 4 of your glows a day. I promise you it would do you wonders.

As I said, I used to make 50,000g with my tank (give or take a few thou) every single day. I'm on a lot of threads. That was with Dolphins though, not mermaids. It went to about 30 to 35 thousand a day when I changed to Mermaids because they removed the Dolphins from the shop.

It's okay. My mermaids are sleeping the sleep of the frozen solid rofl and I'm going to sit it all out for a bit. We'll see how Gaia proceeds... maybe they'll reinstate Memphis but I'm no longer holding my breath. heart  

GailAnne Munchkin

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
█ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items