Welcome to Gaia! ::

██Sparkling Waters Guild██ Inactive ATM

Back to Guilds

Jump into the waters of Dolphins, Mermaids, Monsters, and earn tons of Gold! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Sparkling Waters Guild, Aquarium, Tanks, Gold 

Reply █ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements
What's Up With Gaia?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dusty Golightly

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:14 am
I'm thinking they are eventually going to do away with Booty Grab. See the fish in my tank? They are all "light" fish that Gaia has sent me as gifts in daily chance. So is the background. They've also given away many Aquarium decorations. Why are they suddenly giving away Aquarium decorations, backgrounds and Light fish? I don't remember them ever doing that before, but I could be wrong. I've only been on Gaia a couple of years.

I froze all my mermaids when they removed Memphis mermaids from Phin Phang. I believed they'd return them to the shop because they said they would. Now I'm thinking they may never return them, although they did return the Dolphins, so who knows? Now I'm wondering if they're going to get rid of BG altogether.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:33 am
Dusty Golightly
I'm thinking they are eventually going to do away with Booty Grab. See the fish in my tank? They are all "light" fish that Gaia has sent me as gifts in daily chance. So is the background. They've also given away many Aquarium decorations. Why are they suddenly giving away Aquarium decorations, backgrounds and Light fish? I don't remember them ever doing that before, but I could be wrong. I've only been on Gaia a couple of years.

I froze all my mermaids when they removed Memphis mermaids from Phin Phang. I believed they'd return them to the shop because they said they would. Now I'm thinking they may never return them, although they did return the Dolphins, so who knows? Now I'm wondering if they're going to get rid of BG altogether.

I have no clue why they are giving away the decorations in the DC & Dumpster Diving, but I do know a lot of people were asking to have fish in there tanks and complaining they couldn't afford it. So Lanzer came up with an idea of having the Lite fish of all the fishes. This was supposed to be just something to have, so you could have fish in your tank and that's it. They weren't supposed to originally have a drop or give you any items, but then people suggested why not have them drop alchemy items and other things, so then they changed them to drop something.

So I doubt BG would be gone, but I do think it needs a serious overhaul. All I hear the Gaia staff ever say is that it's giving out too much gold. Well there is a simple fix for that. Change the gold payouts of the fish. I mean I should not be able to make 7k from a full airshark tank from just 60 secs of playtime and sometimes more if I get the time increase power ups. They closed the shop for awhile there and I thought they were going to adjust all the gold payouts, but apparently they didn't change them to that much of an extent.  

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50

Dusty Golightly

7,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:17 pm
azndreams

I have no clue why they are giving away the decorations in the DC & Dumpster Diving, but I do know a lot of people were asking to have fish in there tanks and complaining they couldn't afford it. So Lanzer came up with an idea of having the Lite fish of all the fishes. This was supposed to be just something to have, so you could have fish in your tank and that's it. They weren't supposed to originally have a drop or give you any items, but then people suggested why not have them drop alchemy items and other things, so then they changed them to drop something.

So I doubt BG would be gone, but I do think it needs a serious overhaul. All I hear the Gaia staff ever say is that it's giving out too much gold. Well there is a simple fix for that. Change the gold payouts of the fish. I mean I should not be able to make 7k from a full airshark tank from just 60 secs of playtime and sometimes more if I get the time increase power ups. They closed the shop for awhile there and I thought they were going to adjust all the gold payouts, but apparently they didn't change them to that much of an extent.

Thanks for your answer! heart

You probably are right about the Light Fish and it's a relief to know that they are giving them out so people without working BG tanks can at least have something in their tanks, but I still find it strange that they're giving away all these decorations and backgrounds. Then there's the distinct possibility that I'm just a cynic. LOL!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:40 pm
im just kinda sad that my first memphis dies tonight, i was hoping they would have brought them back like they said by now so i can replace them, having memphis in my tank i went from 3.4 mil when i put in my memphis to 12.2 mil as of right now that the first one is dying

i also noticed on my main tank, im able to fill my tank in no time when i have a full airshark tank, but now that theyre gone, im lucky if i get 17 players.
either grabbers would just rather grab airsharks, giant stones etc. or there just arent as many people grabbing like there used to be.  

La Llorona666

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:22 am
La Llorona666

That's all a huge majority of the players care about is the quick fix for gold. It has nothing to do with helping out the tank owner or anything. So like you experienced unless you have the popular fish like Airsharks, Stone Coatls, or Dolphins your tank will only get plays if it's super popular or you have dedicated friends to help play it and advertise it.

I know it was in an ATA in the GCD, but Panagrammic mentiond Memphis isn't coming back and it's a HUGE if she ever did then they would have to nerf the s**t out of her.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:53 am
azndreams
La Llorona666

That's all a huge majority of the players care about is the quick fix for gold. It has nothing to do with helping out the tank owner or anything. So like you experienced unless you have the popular fish like Airsharks, Stone Coatls, or Dolphins your tank will only get plays if it's super popular or you have dedicated friends to help play it and advertise it.

I know it was in an ATA in the GCD, but Panagrammic mentiond Memphis isn't coming back and it's a HUGE if she ever did then they would have to nerf the s**t out of her.

yeah which sucks but right now its more of me wondering what to do with my tank now that i cant replace them with memphis, i pretty much keep all the mini monsters for my main account sweatdrop  

La Llorona666

azndreams

Invisible Consumer

25,125 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:02 am
Dusty Golightly

Your welcome and yeah probably just your cynic side. It's all good I've become a pessimistic person with gaia and it's lack of communication.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:29 am
azndreams
Dusty Golightly

Your welcome and yeah probably just your cynic side. It's all good I've become a pessimistic person with gaia and it's lack of communication.

Dusty Golightly is one of my mules. So is Bluebelle Babe. As you can see, I've already removed the fish from Dusty's tank.... and just now removed the fish (Mermaids too) from mine. I guess I'm not simply cynical because I found my tank with only one mermaid glowing. Talk about nerfing!!! I will be removing the fish from Bluebelle Babe's tank shortly.  

GailAnne Munchkin

Conservative Shapeshifter

9,600 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
█ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items