Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions
Critique? c:

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

--Untoten Kase--

Extreme Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:48 pm
It was a dark and stormy night...

I'm still getting used to hand-drawn things. (I normally do pixel art) So, my hands aren't super duper steady, and the lines aren't absolutely perfect. I know that. Also, the eyes are big on purpose, and the mouth is crooked on purpose. (Just thought you should know so that you don't say anything about that x])
I'm still studying and working on my anatomy, so if you could pin-point what and where I can improve on, and how, I'd love you long time! ^__^
And yes, the dress is poofy, her hips aren't gigantic.
Also, advice and help with shading is loved too, 'cause I'm not sure I'm doing it right, even though I think it looks fine, I need people better than me to tell me if I am or not > w <
Now that I covered that, this is what I need critique on:
Linked just in case its too big

...Pins and needles down your spine.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:25 pm
Well, you almost mentioned everything. Another thing also are the hair strands. As what I've learned, the strokes for it should be quick and smooth and it should blend perfectly as a whole. As for shading, you can find tutorials for it in deviantart or google.

Also in shading, shadows are important and to add it effectively, you should determine the light source.  

Scarleey

14,500 Points
  • Hero 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50

--Untoten Kase--

Extreme Streaker

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 11:53 pm
ScarletXCrossXCrusader
Well, you almost mentioned everything. Another thing also are the hair strands. As what I've learned, the strokes for it should be quick and smooth and it should blend perfectly as a whole. As for shading, you can find tutorials for it in deviantart or google.

Also in shading, shadows are important and to add it effectively, you should determine the light source.
It was a dark and stormy night...

Ah.. xD Well, a lot of things were kind of on purpose... I'm just really looking for critique on the anatomy and stuff P:
I'll work on the hair thing xP Actually, I don't think the black part is that bad, but I was kind of rushy to finish when I got to the blonde part >_< probably a bad idea, but I worked on it for weeks, and I wanted it done o.o..

I've been trying many different ways... but I always seem to end up making the light source come from random places D;

But anyway, thanks ^___^!!

...Pins and needles down your spine.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:01 am
--Untoten Kase--

You're welcome.
Btw, what program do you use?  

Scarleey

14,500 Points
  • Hero 100
  • The Key to Victory 50
  • Hotblooded Hero 50

--Untoten Kase--