Submit

lee the wolf

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:28 pm
UPDATE ON CONTEST:
Some other people won, me, i got unlucky. If anyone wants to talk to me, just quote me. Till then, i'll be getting rid of my outfit, being a wolf again and getting my money back for the items....

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:13 pm

Sorry to hear that you have not had much luck. It is really very difficult to get a pet at a big shop like this one. I lucked for a long time but I think the first big thing I really participated in here was the WoW event in the summer of 2010, and I finally got my first as a Secret Santa plushie I was lucky enough to have made real this January heart I know it can be terribly disheartening when it takes so long to ‘win’, but just stick with it and keep trying. Everyone I have met here has been very friendly, even before I had a Soquili of my own. With B/Cs as big as this, with so many many people who want the lovely pets the hard-working colorists create, it can definitely seem like forever before luck finally goes your way. Try not to give up, and I wish you better luck next time ^^

FallenThroughMidnight

Questionable Conversationalist

magnadearel

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:17 pm
Don't give up Lee.
It took me a year after I started questing to get my first soq. And I had been a lurker a bit before that. You will get one it might just take awhile.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 10:49 am
this is my questing log if anyone wants to read it: http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=22743657  

lee the wolf

5,950 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Ktns

Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 1:06 pm
Lee, it took me about a year after joining Soq to get my first one. And even then it was a bribe for 10mil sweatdrop Since then, Ive been in the shop for just over 3 years and to this day I havent won a flaffle/raffle/event. Most of my horses have been paid customs or breedings. Dont fret tho, youll get one c:  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:40 pm
It took me a while to win my first soq as well. My first was Co-owned and then given full ownership to me, but actually winning a soq from this shop took me a while to do.  

Zakiax

Vicious Firestarter

Phail Ninja
Vice Captain

Man-Hungry Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:44 pm
Don't lose hope. It took me a couple of years to get my first one. Just keep trying.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:09 pm
I can't help by saying I've been trying for years. That was more...6 months? before I got rolled for my first in a flaffle. I have known people who have tried for 5 years. Now one of those who did try for five has twice as many as me, plus got a breeding. While I've got my two and no baskets. Come July will be my second's birthday. I haven't been lucky since then.
The demand is much higher than the supply. You'll get one eventually if you keep trying. The first one is the hardest, when you're so impatient to join in. But it'll be all the sweeter when you finally do.

Making yourself known is a good way, too. Someone with a breeding might be kind and gift you one, if they see you're active. I do to those I know are RP active.  

Hoshi Lockhart

Eloquent Muse

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:45 am
Never give up hope.
cat_3nodding

I got my first a few years ago, and only by the grace of a very good friend.
Though Soquili isn't really "newbie-friendly" per-se in the way of events, there are normally contests and events throughout the year that are leaned toward newbies getting more of an edge.

Don't let one event loss let you lose hope. I just won my first event Soquili with my Lucinda in November. Just gotta keep trying!  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:50 am
I just wanted to say that although a lot of the major events are not 'newbie friendly', not every event isn't. For those that experienced the mass-CYO plushie conversions in 2010, that got rid of a lot of the people with 0 Soquili. It's not always, but there are things that are targeted towards newbies... Like the one family event last year. Remember, we're only in the first half of the year, events still being planned and prepared for.

My first Soquili was back in '09, and that was just sheer luck. Things happen. I think it was either a free for all, or just a newbie raffle and that was one pony out of I think 200-ish people.

Big shops are harder to get into because the demand for them is great. You're not going to win a lot of events and you're not going to will in all events. That's just something that you need to accept in this shop. You're probably going to win when you least expect it.  

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

Chat and Plot Zone

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out