Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Emo Guild

Back to Guilds

What do you think genius? Its a guild for emo's. 

Reply The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)
Punk vs. Emo Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cute.withoutxthe.E

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2006 10:59 am
Haven't heard it although I do know what you mean about some bands not really being emop and making up their problems...that p***es me off!  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:43 am
I think that it depends from a person to decide what is emo or not. It's just point of view... razz  

Ethernael

Disposable Love

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 4:06 pm
NoSugarAdded
im confused gonk

gonk Me too

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:17 pm
The problem is that most people (People we call labelers) think if you listen to any rock band it's EMO which is not true. so bands that are called emo it's just because they are rock. domokun  

Serphina_Luna

QueenOfDarkness2010

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:29 pm
finding emotive
Has anyone here heard this compilation of two CDs? And if you have, what do you think of the crap they call emo.
if u hate emo why the hecks r u in this quild?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 6:43 pm
Emo Vs Punk

Punk-(meaning worthless or disrespectful) Punk Music is all about rebellious acts towards the goverment and school and ways to beat the system. Some of early punks bands set the like The Ramones, the Sex Pistols, The Damned and The Clash started the punk era. Punk is all about the underground scene as well. Now days there are'nt many hardcore punk bands, they are all emo(thats not a bad thing) but there not like they were.

Emo-(short for emotional) Believe it or not emo is a subgenre of hardcore punk music. Bands like Rites of Spring, Embrace, One Last Wish, Beefeater, Gray Matter, Fire Party Started a new wave of music it was a lot less chaotic then punk music and more melodic. The lyrics had a more emotional and the guitar is softer.

Punk or Emo?

I would say emo music is alot better to me, but you have to have respect for punk muisc cause thats what started the emo music today.  

Shooting_For_Fame

xyourstrulyx

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:26 pm
finding emotive
[Putcoolnamehere]
What bands are really emo?

there's no real answer to this question.
If the people that made the cd like what they hear.
It's their choice to label it 'emo' if they think it is.

Thats not true, especially if its not hardcore, I'm not saying all the songs have to be but if they're at all not then its not really an Emotive Hardcore CD then is it?

I'll agree on that one... Emo is after all just a short for Emotional Hardcore... There are too many people who think that certain pop-punk bands are emo and it gets me a bit frustrated neutral

What happened to those good old bands like Rites of Spring, Hoover, Indian Summer, Embrace and Still Life? I'll tell you... The bands of the true genre usually gave out their albums on vinyl as a protest against the CD era, and they usually kept themselves underground, and that's why they became so easily forgotten by so many. But we still have bands who are trying (or tried) to keep the genre alive (bands like Funeral Diner, Hot Cross, City of Caterpillar), but they are usually labeled as screamo (wich really is just a genre made by music journalists who need to label a truly chaotic hardcore or emo band)...

There...
I've said it...
You can kill me if you want to, but this is what i believe in...  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:53 pm
xyourstrulyx
finding emotive
[Putcoolnamehere]
What bands are really emo?

there's no real answer to this question.
If the people that made the cd like what they hear.
It's their choice to label it 'emo' if they think it is.

Thats not true, especially if its not hardcore, I'm not saying all the songs have to be but if they're at all not then its not really an Emotive Hardcore CD then is it?

I'll agree on that one... Emo is after all just a short for Emotional Hardcore... There are too many people who think that certain pop-punk bands are emo and it gets me a bit frustrated neutral

What happened to those good old bands like Rites of Spring, Hoover, Indian Summer, Embrace and Still Life? I'll tell you... The bands of the true genre usually gave out their albums on vinyl as a protest against the CD era, and they usually kept themselves underground, and that's why they became so easily forgotten by so many. But we still have bands who are trying (or tried) to keep the genre alive (bands like Funeral Diner, Hot Cross, City of Caterpillar), but they are usually labeled as screamo (wich really is just a genre made by music journalists who need to label a truly chaotic hardcore or emo band)...

There...
I've said it...
You can kill me if you want to, but this is what i believe in...

I agree with you, lots of people dont get that though.  

finding emotive

The Esoteric

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:13 am
I notice that the punk kids usually hate the "emo" kids, and vice versa.

I bridge the gap.

The Emo Guild (Down at the copa... copacabana)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games