Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Magickal Withdrawal Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bobz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:52 am
There's a lot of different ways to ground. I'd take a look around and see what works for you. Do remember, most of the time the intended effect is not *ok, here's all my energy, got to put this in the ground now...* But more like trying to bring your energy into balance with the earth/universe/etc.
Generally this means getting rid of exess energy before and after spellwork that might interfere with the spellwork you're doing, or with life in general once you've finished.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:51 pm
Dante San
And hematite does no good either.
(Example) I was sitting with a friend watching a movie, my arms comfortably crossed against my chest and a hematite ring that I had been wearing suddenly shattered and flew acrossed the room for no aparant reason.

my firends ring did that. we were just siting watching a movie in drama class and it just broke in two on her finger it was weird  

MOD66

midara the happy banshee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:26 pm
Dante San
(Example) I was sitting with a friend watching a movie, my arms comfortably crossed against my chest and a hematite ring that I had been wearing suddenly shattered and flew acrossed the room for no aparant reason.

Heh, that always happens to me with quartz. But then it's no surprise. I'm the last person to need my energy amplified. xp  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:30 am
I'll look into the grounding techniques that you guys have provided. 3nodding Thanks a ton.  

Dante San

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:57 pm
Dante San
I've spoken with him and he doesn't mind that I practice openly within the apartment. Actually he encouraged it... but still, i'm a little leary.

As to the grounding.
I've never actually been good at grounding. I have a tendency to over ground.

I've had that happen.

Have you looked into Yasmine's intro on grounding in Embracing the Moon.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:54 pm
I've searched for the author.. but all that comes up is the book.. I can't find any excerpts from it though... sooooo.. Yeah. sweatdrop  

Dante San

Light Chakra

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 4:05 am
If you're really not that great with grounding... learn Omnimancy.
Just use little bits of energy in different things you do.
It's an ability that more people have than they know, it's just the ability to focus your energy through the palms of your hands and direct it without much thought or concentration. I find that it works incredibly well particularly with small stuff that you don't want a full blown ritual for, and also it helps majorly when you're doing err... full blown rituals, it helps build up energy without having to dance, chant, etc, which are all good things, but it's sooo much faster.
I don't have a problem with an access of energy, I could probably use a more solid flow, I use it in like everything creative...
Like I don't see energy, but I have tried this little reiki trick before. They use it to see the afflictions in a person's body, but it works for regular things too.
You sit infront of a white wall, and hold your hands like five inches apart, and them stare between them... Let your eyes go out of focus which they should do on their own, and then you'll start to see energy bouncing around in between your hands and stuff...
Like the sixth or so time I did it, I walked away and I could see, for like half an hour, the I suppose you'd call it the aura of my paintings, it was really pretty, accept for one... It was all grimy colored... Needless to say I pitched it... And I'm completely off subject yet again whooooo! Go six in the morning with nothing better to do... Not even sleep.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 11:31 am
Nuri
Go outside the house? Secluded spot in a local park, maybe?

I was gonna say that. Ya beat me.

Good suggestion. biggrin

Hypomanic Poet

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out