Welcome to Gaia! ::

GCD GANGSTAS

Back to Guilds

Its just that hip, yo 

Tags: Geeceedee, GCDer, Items, Plot, Awesome 

Reply Come Back Mero <33
Wakfu's coming out, want to play with me?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Errodu

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:34 am
BEFORE YOU READ ANY FURTHER YES IT IS A PAY TO PLAY GAME AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD FOR FEELING BAD THAT IT'S PAY TO PLAY. HOWEVER THE COMPANY THAT MADE THE GAME IS A RESPECTABLE FAN-DRIVEN COMPANY THAT WORKS HARD TO GIVE PLAYERS A UNIQUE EXPERIENCE UNLIKE MOST OF THE GAME COMPANIES YOU'D FIND IN SOUTH KOREA, CHINA, OR JAPAN.

As a game designer myself I feel this should be mentioned.

Okay so. Wakfu.

http://www.wakfu.com/na/mmorpg

What's to say about wakfu.

It's an interesting tactics MMORPG with the most interesting features applied to the general game. I'll try to highlight them as blunt as I can because I know I have a real hard time keeping your attention.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Hey. HEY. Wake up.

Setting

Post-apocalyptic fantasy world ruined by a rampaging and powerful ogre. Much of the lore is flavorful and interesting, but all you need to know is that the world has been ripped apart and surviving denizens are trying to recover from a war-torn world.

Battle System

Warcraft HA YOU STOPPED READING. Just because I said warcraft. Hahaha, predictable.

The battle system of Wakfu is a tactics-based grid in which players move their character across a chess-board like field that varies depending on where you fight. Anyone who's played Disgaea or Final Fantasy Tactics will instantly recognize how the game can play like; only there's a tremendous amount of spells to use at your advantage and it takes brute strength and strategy to kill both people and monsters.

Economy

THIS WORLD IS FALLING APART. Because of which, the main currency (Kamas) are scarce. Guess what? People have to mine the minerals in order to put Kamas into existence.

Money is scarce, but if you choose to go the path of "The rich player", you'll be sacrificing battle experience with the time you'll be putting into the mines to harvest all those resources.

Ecosystem

THE BEST ASPECT of Wakfu is this innovative feature called the Ecosystem. Trees cut down don't grow back on their own. Animals and monsters slaughtered can be put into extinction if you're not careful. The game promotes eco awareness, and demands players to be aware of the world around them. Are you going to protect the world, or eradicate it?

Politics

The world consists of small islands that act as their own governments. Because of which, those islands are player driven and player controlled. Governors are elected each week and control what events, resources, and public announcements that island should receive. There are no restrictions should you become a governor, so an island can be controlled by the most democratic individual, or the most maniacal tyrant.

Cool so that's all covered.

Oh, and the art style is incredibly awesome.

Play Wakfu with me.

http://www.wakfu.com/na/mmorpg  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:17 am
wasnt wakfu based of of dofus?  

Teh Savior
Crew

Shameless Sex Symbol

14,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

Beast Henshin

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:51 am
Teh Savior

I think it was by the same people. Who did pretty much the exact same game, except different somehow.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:04 am
Aku Ohino
Teh Savior

I think it was by the same people. Who did pretty much the exact same game, except different somehow.
found it

"Dofus is more about the adventuring and questing and monster-slaying and gear-acquiring, while Wakfu is more about the social, political, and environmental aspects of play."
and well
look at the banner
http://forum.dofus.com/en

the show wakfu was based off the game dofus, i believe.  

Teh Savior
Crew

Shameless Sex Symbol

14,950 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Brandisher 100

Beast Henshin

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:09 am
Teh Savior
Aku Ohino
Teh Savior

found it

"Dofus is more about the adventuring and questing and monster-slaying and gear-acquiring, while Wakfu is more about the social, political, and environmental aspects of play."
and well
look at the banner
http://forum.dofus.com/en

the show wakfu was based off the game dofus, i believe.

Well...that doesn't sound completely appealing to me. I've tried Dofus. I liked the art and the characters (though I would have liked more options, I guess i'm just spoiled) I really couldn't get into it. So i'll more than likely not like Wakfu either.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:44 am
It looks pretty good. Maybe when I have a job, thus I'll have money to blow, I'll sign up. :3 Thanks for making me aware of this.  

Commander Sigma

Mega Man-Lover

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:41 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.I love the art. Lust over it on DA.
Don't have time to play, plus my internet is shitty so it would take me days to load.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:12 pm
Kaiba the Revenge
It looks pretty good. Maybe when I have a job, thus I'll have money to blow, I'll sign up. :3 Thanks for making me aware of this.

Hope to see you on, send me a note when you do and we'll be teammates together smile  

Errodu

KaylaGalela

Professional Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:43 pm
User Image
I like tactical games, but it's hard for me to get past the characters with chunky thighs and ankles. xD It does sound very interesting, though. If I had the time and money...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:50 pm
Is it bad that I want to play the game just to wipe species out of existence?

What happens if you kill all of the newbie monsters?  

ROMVLVS
Crew

Elocutionist

9,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gaian 50

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:20 pm
i'll throw money at the game when I get a new monitor, compatible with my new video card. emo  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:58 pm
ROMVLVS
Is it bad that I want to play the game just to wipe species out of existence?

What happens if you kill all of the newbie monsters?

Happened once during closed beta; someone wiped out all species of boar.

Result? No one could improve their cloth, bag, or jewelry professions because to level up, they needed a specific amount of boar hairs and teeth to continue learning more recipes.

IT WAS AWESOME. EVERYONE HATED THAT GUY rofl  

Errodu

Come Back Mero <33

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces