Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Objective Markers

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Asmusei

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:37 pm
Most of the time people just use dice or something they have expendable on-hand, but wouldn't it be great to have some more usable ones? I know Privateer Press made some that fit on one-inch bases pretty damn well, but I haven't seen much of anything else, so I'm going to start making and posting WIP pictures of making some random and interesting ones. Some might be too big to be acceptable in every game, but it will add more to games.

My first one is actually from the sprue uses thread, of where I made a big ol eight-pointed star and started to glue some Space Marines onto. I have made some more progress since taking that picture, but not much. Reality demands too much time. stare

User Image  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:06 am
I would trim some of those sprue-sticks to end in a sharper point, to make it look a little more Chaos-y. Maybe try to reposition some of the arms so that they hang towards the ground?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Asmusei

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:35 am
DarkElf27
I would trim some of those sprue-sticks to end in a sharper point, to make it look a little more Chaos-y. Maybe try to reposition some of the arms so that they hang towards the ground?
It's a shoddy picture, but the arms, legs and torsos are all pinned and I'm filling in the gaps a bit with random sprew to have anchor points for the pinned limbs simply free-hanging.
But yeah, I'll definitely try more for it.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:32 am
If I were you I'd remove the excess sprue, because right now it looks like models stuck to bits of sprue, not some icon to the chaos gods.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Asmusei

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:48 am
Lt. Brookman
If I were you I'd remove the excess sprue, because right now it looks like models stuck to bits of sprue, not some icon to the chaos gods.
Well, then the nails wold look like they're just stuck through their limbs, no anchor points. Once I paint it up it will look better.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:48 pm
Asmusei
Lt. Brookman
Well, then the nails wold look like they're just stuck through their limbs, no anchor points. Once I paint it up it will look better.
Nah, I meant these parts:

User Image  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Asmusei

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 2:03 pm
Lt. Brookman
Asmusei
Lt. Brookman
Nah, I meant these parts:

User Image
The large one bridging one Marine to the other was intentional and I thought all of the little spikes would make it a bit more chaosy, but I guess not...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:04 pm
If you sharpen them down to points like spikes, it might look better, but right now, they're very recognizable as sprue.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers