Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Galdrabok

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PhantomPhoenix0

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:04 pm
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/087728685X/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_3/102-9335317-3216902?_encoding=UTF8

I stumbled across this book while looking at a site on Runes, and it looks like it could be a great book. Is anyone familar with this book?  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 8:12 am
No, but it looks interesting. I think I'll be putting it on my list of things to check out.  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

PhantomPhoenix0

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 12:31 pm
Jishin
No, but it looks interesting. I think I'll be putting it on my list of things to check out.

Leave the cheap one plz crying I dont have 70 dollars gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:03 pm
Heh, no worries. I don't expect to be getting to it anytime soon ...  

Jishin

Steadfast Explorer

crystal_raye

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:17 pm
Sounds interesting. Thanks for enlightening me to its existance.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:37 am
Ooh! Looks interesting, It's by Stephen Flowers though. (aka Edred Thorsson)
While I'm not putting that down as a reason for anyone not to buy it, for me it's made me slightly less interested in the book since I find his writing style and is well... Heavy. Not that heavy's bad, just that I have enough to read in my "heavy" pile to last me a while without adding another Thorsson book.  

bobz

PhantomPhoenix0

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:37 pm
bobz
Ooh! Looks interesting, It's by Stephen Flowers though. (aka Edred Thorsson)
While I'm not putting that down as a reason for anyone not to buy it, for me it's made me slightly less interested in the book since I find his writing style and is well... Heavy. Not that heavy's bad, just that I have enough to read in my "heavy" pile to last me a while without adding another Thorsson book.

Here's the thing though. Thorsson didnt write it, he translated it. It (supposedly) is an actual Icelandic Grimorie. Ive heard that Thorsson is a tough read, but if all he did is translate it, I am definately checking it out.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 12:59 pm
PhantomPhoenix0

Here's the thing though. Thorsson didnt write it, he translated it. It (supposedly) is an actual Icelandic Grimorie. Ive heard that Thorsson is a tough read, but if all he did is translate it, I am definately checking it out.

True, You've given the book another 3 points at least. I think it jumped a rank on my "buy these books" list.
I look forward to picking it up and looking through it, though I'm still expecting it to be moderately chewy at least, if not tough since I haven't picked up a book by him yet that wasn't at least chewy  

bobz

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff