Welcome to Gaia! ::

All Writers United

Back to Guilds

A place for any and all writers to share their brilliance. 

Tags: writing, literature, fantasy, horror, roleplay 

Reply Story Development/Ideas
Storyline

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tying15

Dedicated Sage

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:31 pm
Personally I need some help with the introduction to my story. The idea of it is this. In the very far away future, earth has turned to a wasteland because of overpopulation and such. Now it is survival of the fittest. The human race has declined until all that remain are the rich who used their wealth and the scrappy fighters left. These rich men and women are now taking these children for their own entertainment as the government remains in chaos. These children are set to battle against each other. This has gone on for quite a while is considered almost normal.

Okay, so that is the basis of my half cooked idea any comments or thoughts?  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:20 pm
create a protagonist and an antagonist is what i think you should do
also make a main conflict for the protagonist so you can get an idea on how to start, well thats my whole idea on the thing  

GhostlyMark

Invisible Humorist

Gnomes-san
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:25 am
First of all, I like it so far (I think you would call this a "treatment" of the story.)

Also, I agree with Ghostly Mark, but be careful; maybe start writing the plot out in more detail and the core conflict will come to you, but it's got seem organic. A forced story very rarely turns out well in my experience. Maybe start with where you want the story to end, i.e., do you want the dystopia to be overthrown and it to end hopefully, or more is it a story about the futility of struggling against the status quo?  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:36 pm
Well I'm the sort of person who likes happy endings so the corrupt government is going to be overthrown and I've got my protagonists, I just need to create some opponents for them...hmm. Well the two protagonists are children and this idea for a rebellion led by woman who goes by the alias "Hands of Ice." Something like that anyways.  

tying15

Dedicated Sage

Story Development/Ideas

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces