Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Traditional Art
Artwork :L

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

deaddarlingg

6,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:16 pm
Hello there ^.^ im new to this guild :L and so i am posting my first art work :L i have only pretty recently started drawing anime so im not very good :/ but heres an atwrok, please tell me what you like and what i could do better as i want to learn how to draw anime better :L and sorry, the photo quality isnt very good.

http://i41.tinypic.com/119nnfk.jpg  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:36 am
I think you should work on anatomy and your eyes at first. Also, I think you should color once you've mastered anime art. Overall it's good, but no great. Keep it up though!  

Ayumi-Ruu

Shirtless Fatcat

7,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200

PiratePockyPoo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 3:58 pm
Hello there biggrin
I'm also new here and a beginner as well; a toast to our similitude cheese_whine xd
Anyway, I don't know much about drawing anime but I'd like to suggest shading exercises. Yes, shading...bwahaha twisted

You can start by making a simple value scale. You can google 'value scale pencil' if you don't know what it looks like(though there are lots of different kinds). A common one is when you make a horizontal row of connecting squares. The square on the very left will have the darkest shading. So, try shading it real thick without breaking your pencil. The square at the opposite end to the right will have the lightest shading (or sometimes left blank). It will result in a line of squares where the shading gets lighter as you look at it from left to right.
You can also try 'shading spheres' on google. Once you start shading it will give more life to your pieces : )

Another thing you can do is try replicating anime characters you like. Replicating images or even still life will always be very helpful since you can compare accurately and see you're faults.

Hope I was helpful sweatdrop  
Traditional Art

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff