Last year at this time I packed on 10lbs in like 3 months. It took me virtually all summer to get that off. I've done a couple trial memberships at different gyms and studios because I'm really cheap. One "gym" is basically a building with several studios and a locker/shower room. They offer only classes, as in, no machines, just bootcamp, kickboxing, zumba, yoga etc. Well I just loved their classes. They also have this online signup and if you don't show you get like a strike on your account and you can't come to the next class. So it seriously motivates you to GET there. Having a set time and place is motivation for me as well, if I workout on my own schedule, I often put it off too long and then am too tired etc.

I saw really great results by the end of the month, I had ABS, I tried on new undies and I looked in the mirror and thought, DAMN, I'm hawt! That was about 3 weeks ago, I think I put the whole 10lbs back. My month trial is over, my eating habits are not as good as they could be, but money seems to always be the issue. I COULD eat healthy, I like to, I COULD workout, I enjoy it. I just don't have the money :'( I'm saving up to try and get myself a 3 month membership, wlthout by the time I save up, I'll be starting my stage which is full time, 5 days a week, so not sure that's the best time to be joining a gym.