Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's A Girl Thing! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Family, A Home. 

Tags: Linkin Park, Contests, Hangout, Role Playing, Twilight 

Reply 14. ✿ - - - Anime And Manga
Should I or shouldn't I (cosplay related)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Petit MuffinDoll

6,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:01 am
I'm going to attend Frostbite Desucon (in Finland) this week-end and I'm planning to do Kaname Kuran from Vampire Knight. I'll be wearing his school uniform but the convention is two days and for the second day I planned to do Kaname again, but this time altered version sort of...

I was planning to wear my all black aristocrat clothes (shirt with few ruffles, pants, and halter-neck vest.) Or is it just too stupid?

Should I do it or shouldn't I?

I did Ciel last summer, it was combination of two outfits and it looked good. I wasn't so scared to wear 'cos my opinion is that Ciel can wear almost anything. (Sounds stupid... or does it?)  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2012 10:50 am
It does not sound stupid. It sounds like you are trying to pull off a nice design. I am not a cosplay expert, but I do know a few things with cosplay o.o!  

IrisIrene88

EternalAnge

Enthusiastic Otaku

52,900 Points
  • The Sweetest 250
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:48 pm
I have not cosplayed before, but I will plan to do so in the future. And my first cosplay will be Mai Valentine from Yu-Gi-Oh. :3  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:23 pm
Petit MuffinDoll
I'm going to attend Frostbite Desucon (in Finland) this week-end and I'm planning to do Kaname Kuran from Vampire Knight. I'll be wearing his school uniform but the convention is two days and for the second day I planned to do Kaname again, but this time altered version sort of...

I was planning to wear my all black aristocrat clothes (shirt with few ruffles, pants, and halter-neck vest.) Or is it just too stupid?

Should I do it or shouldn't I?

I did Ciel last summer, it was combination of two outfits and it looked good. I wasn't so scared to wear 'cos my opinion is that Ciel can wear almost anything. (Sounds stupid... or does it?)

I know this is very late (new member to the guild) but my advice for the future is to just go for it. Kaname is an aristocrat, so it would make sense for him to wear such clothes, even if it isn't something he hasn't worn in the series before. Cosplay is supposed to be fun. You do it for yourself, not because you want other people to admire how 'accurate' a portrayal you're doing.
                      I recently cosplayed Harley Quinn, but I wasn't in her jumpsuit, and I didn't even have the jester hood. I wore red leggings with her diamond insignia, a black body suit over that with the insignia in red, and a black jacket. I put my hair in pigtails and carried a nerf gun around. It was my own take on the character, and I enjoyed it. I'm currently planning other versions, all of which are original (as I'm unable to make the jumpsuit and hood).
                      There's nothing wrong with it. Have fun with your cosplays.

Cadenza of the Heart

Inquisitor

Petit MuffinDoll

6,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:26 am
I used "the aristocratic version" for the photoshoot. It was nice, and I got bunch of nice photos. Also the normal version was used for the photoshoot. There isn't much of photos me wearing cosplay, or let's say good photos.

Kanama became kind of my trademark (or is the right word signature, anyway) cosplay. I wore it at Desucon Frostbite, and then again on next convention. If the convention is two days, I wear two different outfits, or just one if I didn't want to do anything special. I usually do one new cosplay per year. Not much money...

I need a bit more courage to wear "aristocratic version" on convention. Sometimes people can be very nasty. I shouldn't care but one nasty word can ruin a day.  
14. ✿ - - - Anime And Manga

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games