Omnipresent Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:04 pm
Slick Southpaw
dakki-dono
Slick Southpaw
dakki-dono
Slick Southpaw
dakki-dono
US people: DO YOUR ******** FASFAS ON TIME. SO WORTH IT.

Only worth it if you meet the requirements. I've just taken out some of gov't loans for the spring semester of nursing school cos I was too busy last semester to apply for scholarships when I learned in October that I got accepted (21 credits is a lot I guess). My folks make too much (even though most of it is like 3 smaller salaries from three different sources and they're helping put my lil bro through Embry Riddle). And I get cheaper health insurance if I stick with my folks and keep a full time student status.
I'm lookin at getting into the student nurses association to try my luck on more merit scholarships. FAFSA is of little use to me.

That's kind of what the entire rest of my post was making a point of.
Either way, it doesn't hurt to try.
...I probably should stop posting before my caffeine hits. xd I do my FAFSAs regardless, in vain hope that I'll get something out of it. Plus, a lot of schools are making it sorta mandatory if you even want to be considered for financial aid. At least the private universities do make it mandatory in my experience, even before I applied for financial aid, but just as a transfer student. Community college didn't care one bit.

My friend is in the same boat. His parents make too much to be considered, even though he lives on his own and they won't pay for any of it. Apparently you're free from that once you're 24, but he's halfway done and will likely finish right when he turns 24. gonk

xd I'm gonna get my degree by the time I'm 23-24ish too. Despite my huge personal issues with my mother (I mean like 'you're going to go to hell and you deserved to be raped deal issues), I'm still grateful that I can get relatively free room and board while going to school. I don't think I'd be able to work and pull the grades I need. I did that for Army, which was painful but tolerable because it was all on the same campus with the exception of a few weekends--but man I don't think I could do much more than that. I'm going part time construction worker [whenever work is around] and water safety instructor during the summer as it is.
Ah. Yeah, the only way they'll do it is if you actually sue your parents for the money you need...which in most cases would cause a shitstorm.
He has nothing against his parents, or about them not paying. It's more of a "provide for yourself" mindset of the family, but unfortunately the government doesn't recognize that.

I feel super-lucky to have gotten my schooling for more than free. My family wouldn't have been able to afford it at all, as much as they wanted to.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:13 pm
dakki-dono

He has nothing against his parents, or about them not paying. It's more of a "provide for yourself" mindset of the family, but unfortunately the government doesn't recognize that.

I feel super-lucky to have gotten my schooling for more than free. My family wouldn't have been able to afford it at all, as much as they wanted to.
I totally understand that. I'm a military brat and my family are second gen immigrants. I'm still shocked that my dad has told me repeatedly not to feel bad because he's helping me pay for school. I resent the fact that I have to depend on them for support because before I was medically discharged from Army stuff, I had everything paid for, except for some minor expenses that started up at the beginning of each semester. I had it made and did not mind selling away my rights body soul for officership, career, and decent medical insurance + benefits. Pissed me off because it was some ******** that screwed me over so badly that I did have to get that discharge (lol do I sound bitter yet?).
I really wish that the government had a scanner that detected people that just want to work hard and get through school. I'm tired of seeing rich hoodlums coming to college and loafing in their classes cos they has the money to do so and could give less of a ******** about grades.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Ridley Starsmore

Angelic Nitemare

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:19 pm
Slick Southpaw
dakki-dono

I totally understand that. I'm a military brat and my family are second gen immigrants. I'm still shocked that my dad has told me repeatedly not to feel bad because he's helping me pay for school. I resent the fact that I have to depend on them for support because before I was medically discharged from Army stuff, I had everything paid for, except for some minor expenses that started up at the beginning of each semester. I had it made and did not mind selling away my rights body soul for officership, career, and decent medical insurance + benefits. Pissed me off because it was some ******** that screwed me over so badly that I did have to get that discharge (lol do I sound bitter yet?).
I really wish that the government had a scanner that detected people that just want to work hard and get through school. I'm tired of seeing rich hoodlums coming to college and loafing in their classes cos they has the money to do so and could give less of a ******** about grades.

Too bad there isn't a test for educational commitment, non? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:20 pm
[color=emo]
so that girl that was asking me bout my marks

just now she asked me if medieval tombs 100 is a bird course.

first off i took classical myth 204, because i like it, not cause it was easy.

second of all are you seriously just taking courses based on easiness level?

she also posted a note on FB asking for photocopies of all the completed chem labs she'll be doing this semester.

what the ******** girl, that's ******** retarded.

God I'm so glad I'm owning your a** in every course or else I'd be pretty ******** bitter.

some people shouldn't be allowed in post-secondary schools.

I HATE THESE PEOPLE!
I AM A CHEM TA AND I WANT TO STAB THESE PEOPLE.  

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:23 pm
Ridley Starsmore
Slick Southpaw
dakki-dono

Holy cow, I hear you man. YES. emotion_brofist

And persistence no matter what.
>_> I think that I've made enough school counselors cry when the hear my story of why I've been on the transfer train for a long time and a degree that's supposed to be taking me 4 years to finish is becoming more like six years.
emotion_donotwant

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:36 pm
Slick Southpaw
Ridley Starsmore
Slick Southpaw
dakki-dono

Holy cow, I hear you man. YES. emotion_brofist

And persistence no matter what.
>_> I think that I've made enough school counselors cry when the hear my story of why I've been on the transfer train for a long time and a degree that's supposed to be taking me 4 years to finish is becoming more like six years.
emotion_donotwant

See...yes, I ******** around in HS (Stupid of me, I know) And then got my GED at 16 (Aced that test) and got a 93 on my asvab. Likely would have done better, but I was...well, drunk and stoned when I took it. Not the best life choice.

But, i cleaned up in the navy, and was doing good. Till my knee gave out.

And while the navy will let you stay in with a blown knee, they won't let you stay in if you can't do three PRT tests. Blew out the knee right before the first one, and spent over a year trying to get back to functioning order. Missed two more in the time frame. BUT, since I was on a non discharge-able medical condition...general discharge under honorable conditions. Which, due to my contract length I had left, lost my GI bill.

Couple that with being a reasonably healthy white male, and parents who were/are pretty well off?

No chance in Hades of a grant. Then, Just before I turned 24, I met Liri, and the rest is pretty self explanatory.-lol-

I wouldn't mind going to school, maybe get a business degree, but I have to keep things on hold, at least for a little while longer. Might look into something once all the kids start school.  

Ridley Starsmore

Angelic Nitemare

Eudaemon

Unbeatable Visionary

10,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:29 pm
I really hate college.

I am a person who like general things and well in college, they make you choose something to study. I hate choices.

It's probably why I aced high school with honors because the hardest decision I had to make was how to fit art class in all four years.

Now they make me focus on something interesting. If you're like me, everything is so...meh. There's nothing that interests me.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:31 pm
This thread has made me thankful for being eligible for the full amount FAFSA can give. @__@

even then it only covers about a 5th of the price of my school gonk  

floraIwitch

Popular Poster

Eudaemon

Unbeatable Visionary

10,550 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Megathread 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:35 pm
I get the full amount too...

,,,but I go to a cheap-a** college so it's all cool except for how horrible it is to be a 20-year-old and going to a commuter college.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:13 pm
Yeata Zi
[color=emo]

she also posted a note on FB asking for photocopies of all the completed chem labs she'll be doing this semester.

God I'm so glad I'm owning your a** in every course or else I'd be pretty ******** bitter.

I HATE THESE PEOPLE!

Yeahh D;

Someone commented saying that having the right lab doesn't help that much since marking depends on her TA.

But she was like "oh I just wanna know what kind of results I need and the answers to discussion questions"

ujsdghdsd THIS IS CHEM, DON'T TRY TO FUDGE YOUR LABS classified_fu  

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:21 pm
[color=emo]
Yeata Zi
[color=emo]

I HATE THESE PEOPLE!

Yeahh D;

Someone commented saying that having the right lab doesn't help that much since marking depends on her TA.

But she was like "oh I just wanna know what kind of results I need and the answers to discussion questions"

Why not try and ignore her act like you don't hear here? Or simply say I don't want to talk to you about grades or anything like that?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 8:34 pm
[color=emo]
Yeata Zi
[color=emo]

I HATE THESE PEOPLE!

Yeahh D;

RAAAAAAAAAGE!

I hate that s**t.

I had two girls in my last class who always chattered during lab--and they had the same exact answers on one of their assignments.

I wrote "At least act like you're doing this on your own and make your answers sound different" on both papers <3  

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash