SUP ALL YOU ART SCHOOL KIDS [update] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DrunkenStyle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:34 pm
your rendering is nice but the arm is out of place

i think you can solve the foreshortening problem if you fix the overall gesture of the arm

what is she reaching for? is she gonna get hit? is she waiting to get slapped on the wrist?

the eyes on her cheekbones look out of place too, like she's a human with eyes on her cheekbones. it should be that she's a creature that has four eyes.

also i really like your rendering but i feel if you block in everything at once instead of rendering bit by bit it'll help the overall piece..but that's just me, if your method works then more power to ya  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:41 pm
Okay, back to this thread. I say work on perspective. Make the hands more dynamic.  

Dexigone

Lonely Athlete

21,450 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

DrunkenStyle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:41 pm
oh and your lighting's good

since the focal point of a composition is the face, just make your face brighter because your legs seem to be the brightest  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:51 pm
DrunkenStyle

i think you can solve the foreshortening problem if you fix the overall gesture of the arm

what is she reaching for? is she gonna get hit? is she waiting to get slapped on the wrist?

the eyes on her cheekbones look out of place too, like she's a human with eyes on her cheekbones. it should be that she's a creature that has four eyes.

also i really like your rendering but i feel if you block in everything at once instead of rendering bit by bit it'll help the overall piece..but that's just me, if your method works then more power to ya

You can't tell because I rendered her arm all normal-y but it's actually a weird kind of covered in creepy a** tumours that is are all attached to her surroundings. as a result I tried to make it look uncomfortable.
I'm actually thinking right now that her shoulder is the problem, but I'm not really sure.

man do you even know how many problems I have with her eyes? gonk
i'm a bio major, all I can think about is what the ******** kind of creature evolves cheekbone eyes. that ******** up skeletal structures all over the place, not to mention rewiring a good chunk of your brain wtf. those eyes would need their own tear ducts and everything, you just don't have SPACE for that kind of bs in your face ;___;

Anyway, needless to say, not my character. her eyes are on her cheekbones so they gotta stay there classified_fu

Thanks. I kinda went apeshit and overrendered the hand though, so now I'mma have to match that throughout. blehh.
haha, I've been told that a lot. I usually I do a loose block in at the very beginning, but for some reason I didn't here. Most of the bg is blocked in though. I just have shitty a** technique LOL. Blocking in more before definitely works better, I just tend to get carried away when I start working on a section gonk

& I was thinking of making her legs darker instead. they're kind of obscenely bright. Which would you suggest? xD  

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

DrunkenStyle

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:04 pm
[color=emo]
DrunkenStyle

You can't tell because I rendered her arm all normal-y but it's actually a weird kind of covered in creepy a** tumours that is are all attached to her surroundings. as a result I tried to make it look uncomfortable.
I'm actually thinking right now that her shoulder is the problem, but I'm not really sure.

man do you even know how many problems I have with her eyes? gonk
i'm a bio major, all I can think about is what the ******** kind of creature evolves cheekbone eyes. that ******** up skeletal structures all over the place, not to mention rewiring a good chunk of your brain wtf. those eyes would need their own tear ducts and everything, you just don't have SPACE for that kind of bs in your face ;___;

Anyway, needless to say, not my character. her eyes are on her cheekbones so they gotta stay there classified_fu

Thanks. I kinda went apeshit and overrendered the hand though, so now I'mma have to match that throughout. blehh.
haha, I've been told that a lot. I usually I do a loose block in at the very beginning, but for some reason I didn't here. Most of the bg is blocked in though. I just have shitty a** technique LOL. Blocking in more before definitely works better, I just tend to get carried away when I start working on a section gonk

& I was thinking of making her legs darker instead. they're kind of obscenely bright. Which would you suggest? xD

make her legs darker, or have a layer just for lighting where you darken the bottom part and s**t

anyway whose character is this i wanna slap them on the face

eyes on cheeks gotta be convincing enough!!

anyway yeah blocking in everything in the composition is more effective cuz you can see your mistakes and easily fix it while it's still in its early stages

when you fully render a certain part and everything else is still WIP you'll find a mistake and it's harder to redo because you put so much work onto that fully-rendered part

anyway so what's the story? if she's uncomfortable her face should make her look uncomfy right? or i dunno. i just came into the thread haha. lemme see if i can redline but this seems like a simple fix. imma make it juicy for ya  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:14 pm
DrunkenStyle
make her legs darker, or have a layer just for lighting where you darken the bottom part and s**t

anyway yeah blocking in everything in the composition is more effective cuz you can see your mistakes and easily fix it

when you fully render a certain part and everything else is still WIP you'll find a mistake and it's harder to redo because you put so much work onto that fully-rendered part

anyway so what's the story? if she's uncomfortable her face should make her look uncomfy right? or i dunno. i just came into the thread haha. lemme see if i can redline but this seems like a simple fix. imma make it juicy for ya
obvious fix is obvious wtf am i doing.

ikr. it's keiiii's character, and there's some sweetass virtual loot on the line so who am I to complain? lol.

that's prolly why it takes me like hours longer to finish paintings than it really should LOL. also having facebook and gaia tabs open. oops.

from what i can gather from references and a quick read through her story, she's basically been bedridden for the majority of her life, so even though her pose is uncomfortable she'd be somewhat desensitized. i think my aim here is to make the viewers slightly uncomfortable, idk what the ******** I'm doing. as a character she "has a lot going on internally" but rarely outwardly communicates.

awesome, thanks bro cool  

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

DrunkenStyle

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:07 am
[color=emo]
DrunkenStyle

anyway yeah blocking in everything in the composition is more effective cuz you can see your mistakes and easily fix it

obvious fix is obvious wtf am i doing.

ikr. it's keiiii's character, and there's some sweetass virtual loot on the line so who am I to complain? lol.

that's prolly why it takes me like hours longer to finish paintings than it really should LOL. also having facebook and gaia tabs open. oops.

from what i can gather from references and a quick read through her story, she's basically been bedridden for the majority of her life, so even though her pose is uncomfortable she'd be somewhat desensitized. i think my aim here is to make the viewers slightly uncomfortable, idk what the ******** I'm doing. as a character she "has a lot going on internally" but rarely outwardly communicates.

awesome, thanks bro cool

i think the problem with the foreshortening was the anatomy and the length of your upper arm. the elbow should be facing more to the side than up and down because it just seems more uncomfy that way

just keep in mind the basic shape of the arm which is a tube and you'll be fine
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

also her shin's a little long lol  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:33 am
woo thanks :]

also her shin classified_fu

good thing this is digital and I can shift things around LOL  

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash