Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions
Is this good enough?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lovely Lucifer

Sparkly Cultist

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:02 pm
Shh this is closed thank you my lovelies <3  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:32 pm
Whoever told you that about your art is completely wrong. the coloring and shape are absolutely beautiful. I would only lessen the spacing between the eyes just a little.  

x-D o o m K i t t a y-x

Dangerous Lunatic

8,150 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

xxXSleepy_NinjaXxx

Mega Nerd

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Nudist Colony 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 5:35 pm
who told you your art was pure s**t? o.O
i think your style is nice. and your eyes seem fine to me.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:10 pm
Style is more about how your hand moves, the shapes you prefer, favorite line thickness, etc. Everyone has a style.

Your eyes are gorgeous. 4laugh

Overall, I'd say you need to study anatomy a little more. Your chin needs definition, your neck needs a little more flexibility, and your shoulders are a bit narrow. If it's not too vain of me to suggest, I have a few tutorials in my deviantArt gallery that might help: http://scarletfrost.deviantart.com/gallery/34564862 I've also collected a lot of other artist's tutorials:http://scarletfrost.deviantart.com/favourites/40827351

Basically, keep drawing and studying art and you'll get better and better. You have a lot of talent and even more passion. Don't listen to nay-sayers if they don't have anything constructive to offer.  

ScarletFrost

Lovely Lucifer

Sparkly Cultist

8,650 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 3:21 am
Oh, thanks guys uwu  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:35 am
That's so cute! I love the way you do eyes!! heart  

Pandiecakes
Captain

Timid Healer

14,400 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Crack Shot 50
  • Millionaire 200

Jessa Hazel

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:45 pm
Don't let anyone, and I do mean anyone , bring you down like that! Those that spew bile and hatred with no attempt at help are lost people that feel the need to steal others' shine.

You need to work on your anatomy, as stated. There are tons of free tutorial sites and cheap art instruction books and, of course, the wonderful tutorials made at deviantart. Your eyes are beautiful. I love them! You have style, you have passion, and you have an inner beauty that comes out in your lines. Practice makes better. You will improve and blow everyone away.

Apologies to ScarletFrost who has said the same. I never mean to step on anyone's toes; just wanted to offer my two cents. If you ever need an art buddy, I am more than happy to oblige. *curtseys*  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:47 am
I think it's cute~! Whoever says your art sucks, don't let that put you down. Think of ways to make it better if you aren't satisfyed with the comments given about your art! But then again, everyone has their own opinions!  

arisakuma

5,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100

Ingenuous Love

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:58 am
I like it its cute c:  
Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash