Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ven Loraine

Explorer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 8:58 pm

Eeeeh, so useless.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:08 pm
Sachie Whitby

I'm September also, but I actually like sapphires. The gemstone is most commonly blue only because that most popular/demanded color but can technically be any color shade except red. [If it is red, it's a ruby. If it isn't red, it's a sapphire.] Sapphires can also be pink-orange, yellow, green, purple or even colorless. There are star sapphires that exhibit a star-like pattern when viewed with a single light source.

I find them more interesting than gemstones [like Rubies] that only have one valid color.

Wow. I never knew that.... I gotta see these star sapphires. I love stars so much, I have a star tattoo and I always feel compelled to buy anything with stars. So that sounds right up my alley.  

Death Pop

Fashionable Shapeshifter

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Sachie Whitby

King Vampire

18,200 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:21 pm
Death Pop
Sachie Whitby

I'm September also, but I actually like sapphires. The gemstone is most commonly blue only because that most popular/demanded color but can technically be any color shade except red. [If it is red, it's a ruby. If it isn't red, it's a sapphire.] Sapphires can also be pink-orange, yellow, green, purple or even colorless. There are star sapphires that exhibit a star-like pattern when viewed with a single light source.

I find them more interesting than gemstones [like Rubies] that only have one valid color.

Wow. I never knew that.... I gotta see these star sapphires. I love stars so much, I have a star tattoo and I always feel compelled to buy anything with stars. So that sounds right up my alley.

The most famous is the Star of Bombay
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_of_Bombay

Here's a picture of one I found online that is so pale in color that other than the star pattern, it doesn't really look much like what we typically think of when it comes to sapphires.
http://image.artfact.com/housePhotos/Lillys/13/314813/H4938-L26129661.jpg

Here's a black star sapphire:
http://skywalker.cochise.edu/wellerr/mingem/gemtl/sapphirestar/6star-sapphire-black102.jpg

Oh and because Rubies are related to Sapphires, there are also Star Rubies.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 9:32 pm
Sachie Whitby

The most famous is the Star of Bombay
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Star_of_Bombay

Here's a picture of one I found online that is so pale in color that other than the star pattern, it doesn't really look much like what we typically think of when it comes to sapphires.
http://image.artfact.com/housePhotos/Lillys/13/314813/H4938-L26129661.jpg

Here's a black star sapphire:
http://skywalker.cochise.edu/wellerr/mingem/gemtl/sapphirestar/6star-sapphire-black102.jpg

Oh and because Rubies are related to Sapphires, there are also Star Rubies.

!!!!!!!!!! I WANT THEM ALL!!!!!!  

Death Pop

Fashionable Shapeshifter

8,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200

Dickie Twinkles

Sparkly Shounen

15,150 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:43 pm
First birthstone items I've been excited about.
I want to call them "Janklets" but that wont work next month emo  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:32 am
I really hate this new "Let's put bows and adornments facing the same way on both feet even though ******** no one wears anything like that" trend.

Why is the right on on the inside of the foot? It seems s**t-all lazy.  

dakki-dono

Omnipresent Loiterer

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:02 pm
dakki-dono
I really hate this new "Let's put bows and adornments facing the same way on both feet even though ******** no one wears anything like that" trend.

cause otherwise the bottoms of our avis will be unbalanced as s**t and then no one in the AT will ever get more than a 9/10.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:04 pm
[color=emo]
dakki-dono

cause otherwise the bottoms of our avis will be unbalanced as s**t and then no one in the AT will ever get more than a 9/10.
They look even more unbalances with s**t all facing the same way.

No one wears shoes where one buckle is on the inside, and on the other foot, it's on the outside.  

dakki-dono

Omnipresent Loiterer

[color=emo]

Salty Rogue

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:37 pm
dakki-dono
[color=emo]
dakki-dono

No one wears shoes where one buckle is on the inside, and on the other foot, it's on the outside.
SHH DON'T TELL THE ATers  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:56 pm
[color=emo]
dakki-dono
[color=emo]
dakki-dono

SHH DON'T TELL THE ATers
I DON'T GET THEIR LOGIC.  

dakki-dono

Omnipresent Loiterer

Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items