Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Galleries
Pristine's Gallery

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pristine195

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:53 pm
You're going to see a wide variety of pictures from me. I am going to give ya'll a bit of my artistic background first.

-I've been drawing since I can remember, but I started taking it seriously at age 8 when I was older kids drawing Disney chars and I wanted to draw like them lol.

-Currently I am Fine Arts major with a cencentration in painting.

-I have been drawing manga stuff for over 10 years now and mostly do Original chars.

-Expect to see the following kinds of art here.

-Paintings- I have been doing mostly cats and dogs, but I have also done a few more things.

-Drawings from other art classes- I'll let you know if I put up a drawing from an art class.

-Manga/Original Characters- I will be showing stuff from my own stories as well as online RPGs (Role Playing Games) I have done for in one rpg I was the unofficial artist for the group lol.

-Extra Art stuff- This will be anything that is not in the other 3 categories like prints and 3D work (as in sculpture or ceremic).  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:05 pm
Okay, first picture I am putting up is a story/manga I plan on doing eventually. I used Prismacolored markers for this picture. I actually am a bit lazy in creating the manga itself because I am doing other things. However, I still love drawing out the chars here. The story is called Zodia's Treasures and this is what the front cover of Volume 1 would look like.

User Image

The char in the middle in the main char, Sakura. This story is based around the Greek Zodiac. Surrounding Sakura is the 12 signs of the Zodiac. The first sign is Aries, which is the Red symbol on the left side of the picture. It goes counter-clockwise in the following order starting at Aries-
Aries (red)
Taurus (light blue)
Gemini (yellow)
Cancer (silver)
Leo (gold)
Virgo (Navy blue)
Libra (pink)
Scorpio (burgandy)
Sagittarius (purple)
Capricorn (dark green)
Aquarius (sky blue)
Pisces (Sea green)

There is alot of symbolism and I chose those colors because each color represents that sign. Also the four bands of color flowing from Sakura represent the four elements: Fire (red), Earth (green), Air (Yellow), and Water (blue). Most of my manga stuff will be colored pencil. Also technically, Sakura has peach colored hair but I didn't want her hair and skin tone to look the same here. I did this picture back in 2007 or '08 I think.  

Pristine195

Galleries

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff