Submit

The Iron Magus

Cosmogonal Cultist

33,915 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Team Rina 200
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:11 pm
Aww, it's not available on instant. Oh well.

This thread brings back memories of how I used to lug around those books with me all day during school, and read them instead of interacting with the other students. xd

The other kids thought it was weird that I read "such big books." Is that normal, or did I just grow up in a really stupid town?

I was actually talking to someone about Redwall the other day. I got to thinking, Redwall takes place in an abbey, right? Redwall Abbey? And there are monks, and friars, and saints, and all that. But did they ever go into what the hell kind of religion the critters actually adhered to? Like, was there a tiny Christmouse who died for their sins in a mousetrap, or what?  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:33 pm
The Iron Magus
Aww, it's not available on instant. Oh well.

This thread brings back memories of how I used to lug around those books with me all day during school, and read them instead of interacting with the other students. xd

The other kids thought it was weird that I read "such big books." Is that normal, or did I just grow up in a really stupid town?

I was actually talking to someone about Redwall the other day. I got to thinking, Redwall takes place in an abbey, right? Redwall Abbey? And there are monks, and friars, and saints, and all that. But did they ever go into what the hell kind of religion the critters actually adhered to? Like, was there a tiny Christmouse who died for their sins in a mousetrap, or what?
Really? At my school we used to play redwall pretend games in the weird bushes. I was always a badger. BECAUSE BAG|DGERS ARE BAD a**!

And no. No religion is ever mentioned. shrug.  

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 6:49 am
I Found A Sexy 1
http://youtu.be/_2W_3uXqsfw

I don't even care that I am double posting. This theme song makes me really happy. redface

OH MY GAWD I LOVED THE HELL OUT OF THAT SERIES. THE RIDDLES I LOVED THE RIDDLES!!!!!

>_> I have so many books omomgomomgomg

Any of the hares were my favorite characters; I loved how whimsical they were.

8DDDDD THIS CARTOON BRINGS BACK SO MANY FUKKIN MEMORIES

Also, only reason why I was able to finish the book "Red Badge of Courage" in 6th grade was because I had gotten used to the dialogue of the vermin and the sea rats and understood what they were saying rofl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:05 am
acn period
I Found A Sexy 1
acn period
___● WAIT WHAT?! How long has it been around?!
I loved the Redwall series so much as a kid! Mossflower was always my favourite! I absolutely love the hares and badgers of that series.

LOL IT'S BEEN AROUND FOREVER. ; u; Wikipedia says it ran from 1999 to 2001.

I'm so excited so many of you like Redwall. I've never met anyone who likes it. xD I still have two Redwall posters hanging up in my room. redface

___● Why must I be so behind?! gonk
I know what I'm downloading tonight... skbjrgeuiogb I still can't believe it. And to be fair, I have only met maybe two people in my life who read Redwall. Brian Jacques is underrated.
emotion_brofist SERIOUSLY. I still love his other stories, and I think that his 7 Ghostly Tales were some of his best works outside of Redwall. Good gawd, I could not stop laughing when he had his angel/devil conversation.

Also, did anyone else besides me find the food descriptions sound ridiculously delicious? I would go vegetarian-vegan if I had those meal options from what Redwall Abbey had provided.

;-; I wanted nothing more than to drink dandelion wine and all the cordials that were ever described as a kid. Everything sounded so delicious.

Slick Southpaw

Feral Faun

Blind Clarity

Fashionable Businesswoman

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 7:06 am
*O* Now if I could only get some time on my hands. Nexflix always ends up sucking my soul.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 8:44 am
That why I love Netflix they have so many random movies, you didn't think would be there.  

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

drumnbass420

Girl-Crazy Ladykiller

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:10 am
wtf is this redwall thing yall are flippin out over. what is it about.

my netflix queue owns btw its got: anime, bad movies, and bad 90s cartoons  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:55 am
Slick Southpaw
acn period
I Found A Sexy 1
acn period
I loved the Redwall series so much as a kid! Mossflower was always my favourite! I absolutely love the hares and badgers of that series.

I'm so excited so many of you like Redwall. I've never met anyone who likes it. xD I still have two Redwall posters hanging up in my room. redface

I know what I'm downloading tonight... skbjrgeuiogb I still can't believe it. And to be fair, I have only met maybe two people in my life who read Redwall. Brian Jacques is underrated.
emotion_brofist SERIOUSLY. I still love his other stories, and I think that his 7 Ghostly Tales were some of his best works outside of Redwall. Good gawd, I could not stop laughing when he had his angel/devil conversation.

Also, did anyone else besides me find the food descriptions sound ridiculously delicious? I would go vegetarian-vegan if I had those meal options from what Redwall Abbey had provided.

;-; I wanted nothing more than to drink dandelion wine and all the cordials that were ever described as a kid. Everything sounded so delicious.

I always wanted to eat their food too! Did you know there is an official cookbook?

I still love all the Redwall books, I have all of them except the two most recent. heart And I loved the Castaways series as well. I was so sad when Brian Jacques died last year! crying

GirlPuck

Dedicated Hoarder

Yeata Zi
Captain

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:36 am
Slick Southpaw
acn period
I Found A Sexy 1
acn period

YES. It did sound really good.  
Come Back Mero <33

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces