View Results

Dexigone

Lonely Athlete

21,450 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:16 am
Ah, the war finally ended. This war lasted over a long time. I was only 7 or 8 when this war started in 2003. Now 16, I think this is the start of a new era (and another war, if anyone noticed a pattern, the interim time between different wars is shortening greatly. I think we had two wars within one decade, Afghanistan and Iraq. My opini

FYI, my friends are going into the marines, and my family is full of veterans (ranging from the Korean war to Desert Storm). So I think we need to celebrate those veterans for being gone over a long time. Just don't repeat Vietnam (or 'Nam if there are any oldies on here) where veterans were treated horribly.

So what are your thoughts?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:49 am

The war ended?

Wow, Australia is really bad at providing news. xd

Ven Loraine

Explorer

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:33 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Its not really over and troops are still there and will be there for years. Its just a mass withdraw not a full, which is good, not complaining just find it amusing that the news is making it sound like there will be no troops there. Kinda a show for Obama votes. ninja

But I don't want to get into politics. xd

Lets see I've been there twice, first in 2003 and the second in 2009.
Had some bad days and had some better days, at least I had some great friends/battle buddies with me so that makes the deployments bearable and have life long bonds with my old units. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:39 pm
My thoughts? Send socks and beef jerky. We love that s**t.  

J 4 C K

Perfect Pumpkin

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:51 pm
J 4 C K
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Oooh nothing is better then a new package of socks~. heart  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:58 pm
Shiver`
J 4 C K

Oh, but not white ones. Cause you know those trigger IEDs...

Picture I forgot about. Package from my little sister. Also, Mercury stache, oh yeah.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

J 4 C K

Perfect Pumpkin

Dexigone

Lonely Athlete

21,450 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Cheerleader 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 3:15 pm
J 4 C K
Shiver`
J 4 C K

Oh, but not white ones. Cause you know those trigger IEDs...

Picture I forgot about. Package from my little sister. Also, Mercury stache, oh yeah.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

haha that is so cute!  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:42 pm
It's a war that's shouldn't have happen...

But I'm happy troops were sent home.  

MrsrachaelSnape

Invisible Cat

ghgvjj

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:51 pm
oh god no why do you guys make me remember this
last year my dorm floor sent out a care package. I wrote the stupidest ******** card in the history of forever- I can only hope that whoever read it thought I was a little girl with a fondness of the internet. *repeated headdesking*

Ah- hey, so why/how do white socks trigger IED's? Or are you just bullshitting us?

But hey, at least it's better than nothing (withdrawing troops)  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:57 pm
Sinsario
last year my dorm floor sent out a care package. I wrote the stupidest ******** card in the history of forever- I can only hope that whoever read it thought I was a little girl with a fondness of the internet. *repeated headdesking*

Ah- hey, so why/how do white socks trigger IED's? Or are you just bullshitting us?

That's what out Battalion Commander said after a Marine was killed in action. "It's because he had white socks". And we know he never lies, so......  

J 4 C K

Perfect Pumpkin

ghgvjj

Man-Hungry Pirate

15,025 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Team Edward 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 4:59 pm
J 4 C K
Sinsario

That's what out Battalion Commander said after a Marine was killed in action. "It's because he had white socks". And we know he never lies, so......

I'll remember that...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:31 pm
@Shiver: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/19/world/middleeast/last-convoy-of-american-troops-leaves-iraq.html

The last soldiers left today.
----

See, the point of Iraq and Afghanistan wasn't about freedom, it wasn't about defending from terrorists, it was about:

1) Oil
2) Corporate Greed
3) Keeping citizens in check with fear.

I was old enough that I understood politics when it started.

First, they said we had to invade Afghanistan because that's where Osama Bin Ladin was, but he wasn't. Then it was because the Taliban was the government there, but really it wasn't. And then, it was to support the government there as they dealt with the terrorists.

Then we invaded Iraq because Bush said that he had WMDs. First, the UN went in and checked all of the supposed 'weapons plants', but they didn't find anything. So before the last place was checked, Bush declared war. Then congress voted, unanimously, on it. So we went in. There never were any weapons of 'mass destruction'. So then, they said it was about taking out taking out Saddam, a dangerous madman. But if that were the case why didn't we support Castro's overthrowing Batista? And after Saddam was lured but before he was killed the game was changed to 'Operation Iraqi Freedom' where we fought 'insurgents', people who fight against the government, which wasn't set up. Within 8 months the war was declared over, after that it was a 'peace keeping operation'.

Haliburton was brought in. Haliburton specializes in industrializing and modernizing poor third world countries that have recently found oil. Take for instance Venezuala and Saudia Arabia. Both of which country's citizens have a very poor view of America (15 of of 19 hijackers were Saudi's). d**k Cheney was a former executive of Haliburton, and Bush has a lot of connections with them. Haliburton rebuilt Iraq so that they could charge them more money than they can possibly repay given the interest rate. Then, after that they'll have to let them have access to their oil fields. Unless they go the route of Venezuala, but then we can just re-invade them.

Funny story, in the 70's the CIA did a study where they tried to figure out what would happen if they committed a fake terrorist attack on America. The CIA is also the same people who backed Osama's Al Qaeda as they fought the Russian invasion of Afghanistan in the 80's. I'm not saying the two have any connection, but it's very interesting.  

ROMVLVS
Crew

Elocutionist

9,200 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gaian 50

Shiver`

Frozen Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2011 6:38 pm
ROMVLVS
@Shiver: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/12/19/world/middleeast/last-convoy-of-american-troops-leaves-iraq.html

The last soldiers left today.

Mass withdraw. ninja
There is a base there, that will have soldiers and other military personnel there.

Just think of it like the bases we have in Germany and Korea. Though most likely the base more likely much much smaller.  
Come Back Mero <33

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games