Submit

Moonlight Crystals

Blessed Fairy

10,500 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cart Raider 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:01 am
i'm a chubby person.but i'mstill, and i wanted to look nice and cute.
what should i wear for my next hangout with my friends coz they said they wanted to bring some boys and i don't wanna look...unfashionable XD  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:59 am
♭♮♯
Sleeping wonder lies to me, and the lies are sweet.

As a fellow chubs, I enjoy vests. Like the pinstriped border vests. I find them really flattering, and the black ones are particularly slimming. Also, clothes that are looser. You can get shirts that you would wear over a tanktop or cami. They're loose on top, and they taper off just above the hips. Less attention to the tummy and more to the waist.

♩♪♫♬
Music is sung with simple words, and simple words can save the world.

♯♮♭

anticupid16

Desirable Elocutionist

pure as snow

Fashionable Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:37 am
Well to be honest, what I do is hide my chubbiness xD. Since it's winter I wear lose and large sweaters with tights or tight pants. Since long shirts sometimes make me look tall, i try to stay around things that take my shape but aren't tight ( if that makes sense )
* some cute things for you skin, if you have light skin try wearing red or a dark color, even black can be pretty. It makes you stand out ^^. I always look good in red <3 <3
* if dark skin wear middle or light colors <3
It just depends on the season, weather, person ^^

like for me I like wearing long skirts or wear short shirts and wear leggings ^^

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 7:55 am
A lot of it depends on your body shape in particular. Like my best friend, she's a little chubby, and not the most curvacious. What she has found that works for her are shirts with empire waists. This is where they are cinched or have a band/belt right below the bust in order to accentuate the narrowest part of her torso.
Now if you're more naturally curvy, you can get away with a lot (Except for empire waists ironically enough), and have more freedom to play with your clothing.

Necklines are always an interesting yet overlooked thing. Using my friend as an example again, she recently discovered cowl neck shirts and sweaters. This is where there is extra material around the neck that is either folded or hangs down.

The biggest mistake I see is too many girls trying to hide themselves. Baggy cloths can very easily look frumpy. But in contrast, clothing that's too tight can make a girl look a size or two bigger than what they really are (This goes for girls of ANY shape or size). So always try thing on first to see if they fit comfortably without too much puckering, stretching, or too much hanging off of you.

Here are a few examples I pulled off of google really quick:

Empire Waist:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[A little big for the image itself here...]

Just plain pretty:
[Too big to post picture]

Cowl Neck Sweaters:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[Again a little big to post the image...]

The goal of dressing nicely is to feel confident in yourself. : ) It's all for you, not to show off for others. Find what you like and what you feel fits you.

Obliviosity

Invisible Explorer

Kokoro Senpai

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 9:21 pm
What I like to wear is a loose top with a skirt with a band and put it up a little high so the skirt covers the love handles and gut biggrin It looks nice! Just make sure the band isn't too tight and the shirt looks good with the skirt (: Well you can wear it with any kind of shirt. Or there's dresses. Simple ones and it's good if you're too lazy to pick out an outfit!  
PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 12:44 am
I myself am a little chubby, and I find that shirts or dresses that enhance your waist and flow over you stomach are my best friend. I try to wear shirts that are alittle loose, because I dont want a super tight shirt that looks weird. Jeans = Butt's best friend. If you are concerned about your legs looking chunky. Fear no more. Jeans will instantly make your thighs look smaller and your butt look tighter, not to mention longer looking legs.

Darker clothes are good, as they make you look smaller. If you decide to wear a lighter coloured shirt, maybe throw on a dark cardigan or jacket.

xx Hope this helps emotion_bigheart

Also did I mention? Dont dress to impress. Wear what makes YOU feel comfortable. If you are happy, then it doesn't matter what others think about it.

M i n i R e d S t a r s

04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff