Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
The Yaoi Guy- a convention doujinshi seller

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Have you seen this guy?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Syntetisk

IRL Kitten

10,825 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 7:53 am
So. How many of you have been to a convention and met the infamous "Yaoi Guy" and his stand of overpriced doijinshi?

Just a word of warning for those of you who have met this man at any of the conventions you attend. He's been attending London MCM Expo for a couple of years now, and after every event there's more and more complaints about his behaviour. He normally stands on his chair, shouts really obscene things and harasses cosplayers passing by his stall to look at his merchandise. He trades at family events, and this kind of thing really isn't acceptable with ten-year-olds running around. Also, no matter people's ages, it still makes plenty of people uncomfortable.

He also sells his doujinshi at incredibly inflated prices- especially in the UK, as he doesn't convert his prices from dollars to pounds. His doujin are bought cheaply from Japan, which he then sells on at for at least triple the price they were bought. Making a profit is understandable, but this is just a sheer ripoff. Especially as most of the artists who created the doujinshi in the first place price them so they barely cover the costs of printing, tables and making a tiny profit.

Third point. He sells "yaoi flags". These are actually rainbow LGBT Pride flags and stand as a symbol of the community, not

So tl;dr don't buy from the Yaoi Guy until he tones his attitude down, has respect for the artists and respect for his customers.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:32 am
Urk, I've heard about that guy. He seems completely obnoxious, I hope he gets banned from the event scene entirely.

User_2629207

MooMooJuice

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:35 pm
Yikes, can't say I've heard of him (I've never been to a convention /sadface). But from the sound of it, I wouldn't want to.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games