Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
pomegranate's quest for health & happiness <3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Favorite diet beverage? <3
  diet soda
  tea
  sparkling flavored water (0 cal)
  PLAIN H2O PLEASE
View Results

Pomegranate Pudding

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:31 pm
hello everyone. I'm pomegranate. C: 17 years old atm (turning 18 in less than a month), college freshman with very difficult & stressful chemE major. living in dorms but close to home.

please comment/add me if you want to be my support buddy. <3

starting statistics:
height: 5' 6"
pants size: 4 (I have a very rectangular figure)
CW: 160 lbs
HW: 160 lbs (right now... sad... T.T)

GOAL WEIGHT: 110 lbs (this is on the low side of a healthy bmi, but I am aiming low b/c of diabetes risk - not for vanity!!)

I was 130 lbs for all 4 years of high school with a ~10 lbs fluctuation here & there. I never was happy with my body (even though I was at a healthy weight and was in decent shape) so I destroyed my eating habits through bulimia and short-term starvation mode diets frequently. When I finally stopped myself from purging (A HORRIBLE HABIT. NOT RECOMMENDED. EVER.) I no longer had a sense of portion control and continued to frequently engage in stress eating. I started to put on weight, which led to more stress (and more eating) and I put on 30 lbs over the course of one year. T___T

But now I have a new incentive for weight loss: my health in the future. 3/4 grandparents have diabetes, and many in my family have died from diabetes-related complications or are now suffering from diabetes. The only two members of my family who are diabetes-free are my mother and 1 grandfather (both my height and 110-120 lbs).

I realized the following truths that should have been more obvious over the past (yeah... they're kind of common knowledge. but I didn't understand until I've been there):

1.) STARVATION DIETS DON'T WORK!!! I have frequently thought that I could "beat the system" if I kept it up indefinitely, but it's very hard (and if you do, eating disorder danger... and health-wise, it may even be safer to be overweight than have a serious eating disorder). Yes, at first I can lose 10 lbs a week... but then food is the only thing that's on my mind. And when I do eat, it's so hard to control myself (having gone into starvation mode).

2.) Eat frequent small meals of HEALTHY FOOD. Foods low in energy density are significant. A doughnut of, let's say, 400 calories has the same amount of calories as 4 apples. But 4 apples will fill you up, give you essential vitamins/nutrition, etc. Instead of starving for 20 hours and then binging on carbs, it's better to not feel hungry throughout the day by having frequent healthy snacks. Skipping breakfast usually is a bad idea and leads to intense midday cravings.

3.) Don't give up if I make a mistake. Some damage is repairable, but the more I let go, the more damage there will be!!!!

4.) Don't set unrealistic goals. Eating 200 cal/day and exercising 6 hrs at a time on treadmill aren't realistic to keep up, and wouldn't be healthy/burn real weight in the long run...

I also plan to exercise SIX times a week (excluding when I have monthly cycle / am really sick haha). 1 hour on the elliptical each. Burns about 500 calories per hour. That can be 3000 calories a week if I keep it up. >___<

I will try to journal each day with calorie/exercise tracker. C: Wish me luck!!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2011 12:47 pm
Goal will be to lose 10 lbs a month. According to the most awesome site ever, losertown -http://www.losertown.org/eats/cal.php - if I eat around 1000 calories/day and exercise moderately 3-5 times a week, I'll be my goal weight by april of next month. (: That's in 5 months... less than 1/2 year!!

12/01/11 - 150 lbs.
1/01/12 - 140 lbs.
2/01/12 - 130 lbs.
3/01/12 - 120 lbs.
4/01/12 - 110 lbs.

REWARDS
150 lbs: $60 shopping spree
140 lbs: $70 shopping spree
130 lbs: $80 shopping spree
120 lbs: $90 shopping spree
110 lbs: $100 shopping spree

Pomegranate Pudding

Pomegranate Pudding

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 10:56 am
November 04, 2011
Day 1

Intake: 1 soy sauce/tea egg (70 calories), 1 packet wheat essence vitasoy soy milk (140 calories), 1/2 bottle diet mountain dew (5 calories), 1/4 apple (25 calories), 1 tbsp hummus (23 calories), 2 falafel balls (100 calories), 3/4 glass diet mountain dew (5 calories), 1 small plate shrimp pai thai (550 calories), 1/3 small watermelon (about 70 calories), mixed vegetables w/o toppings (5 calories)
Total: 993

(This entry is for yesterday since I forgot to yesterday!)

On November 3, 2011 (day I started this blog) I had an intake of 950-1000 calories for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. But then for dinner... mashed potatoes w/ gravy, new england clam chowder, and red velvet cake (favoriteeee)... T.T (from the dining commons of my college). With around 500-600 calories of red velvet cake absorbed, I clearly went over 2000... sigh.

Yesterday wasn't as bad as I thought, though. I was really hungry in the afternoon while studying in the library, and wanted so badly to leave to get a sandwich, but I didn't since I had too much work!! For dinner I was really hungry so I ate, but I was with a bunch of friends so I was talking most of the time and didn't over-do it... yay (:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:06 am
November 05, 2011
Day 2

Intake: 1 soy sauce/tea egg (70 calories), 2 small non-fried shrimp and lettuce rice rolls with sweet bean paste (100 calories), 1 seafood/kimchee pancake (350 calories), vegetable soup in fat free chicken broth (40 calories)... planned snacks/dinner for rest of day: 1 quaker oats granola bar (90 calories), 1 can V8 (80 calories), 1 apple (100 calories), 1 Chipotle chicken burrito with corn salsa & sour cream (865 calories), 1/2 can grapeade arizona drink (150 calories)
Total: 830 calories (if I absorb more, I'll definitely add onto this entry later) 1665 calories

Going to the library to work all day!!! In case I start rotting away... e.g. eating take-out while watching anime... -__- (that's NOT what my parents paid my college tuition for!) Going to pack some healthy snacks with me so I don't get the urge to buy a 600-calorie panini. XD

Went on the scale today and it said ~159... slight progress? Because a few days ago when I was sick and not really moving, scale said I was 160+... shiver.

Edit: Yeah... gave in and bought a burrito... T.T but I was so down (walked alone from library in the pouring rain, completely drenched with people under umbrellas staring at me, didn't even get that much done at the library) that I was on the verge of binge eating from the dining commons. Good thing I stayed under 2000 calories. And I burned 513 calories in an hour on the elliptical. Yay.

Pomegranate Pudding

Pomegranate Pudding

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:42 am
NOVEMBER 06, 2011
Day 3

Intake: 1 quaker oats granola bar (90 calories), 1/2 can grapeade arizona (150 calories), planned for rest of day: 1 foot-long turkey breast & ham subway sandwich with yellow mustard (580 calories), 2 bottles diet mountain dew (20 calories), 1 foot-long oven fried chicken sandwich with chipotle southwest and light mayo (990 calories), 3 quaker oats granola bars (370 calories), 1 beef super burrito (I assume 1100 calories... T.T)
Total: 840 calories 2720 calories

Going to buy a footlong so that I can eat 1/2 for lunch and 1/2 for dinner. XD

I drink a LOT of diet mountain dew. Not the healthiest next to water, yeah I know. But life of a chemical engineer major at one of the most competitive colleges... got to stay awake...!! T.T

Edit: Yeah... I failed... But I will be honest to myself no matter what decisions I make and record EVERYTHING...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:26 pm
November 07, 2011
Day 4

Intake: 1 bottle diet mountain dew (10 calories), sausage & egg & cheddar breakfast english muffin (1070 calories), chili cheese fries (1200 calories)
Total: 2280 calories

HOLY s**t! That was the epitome of how much calories fast food could contain... I only ate 2 meals, and grabbed one item from to-go campus food places for each. They were very filling but not obvious giant meals... and 1000+ calories each! o__o

Need to make better decisions... wayyyy better decisions... but I have so much midterms/essays coming up that I am putting weight loss on second priority right now... T.T

Pomegranate Pudding

Pomegranate Pudding

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:57 pm
November 08, 2011
Day 5

Intake: 1 cheesburger (450 calories), french fries (300 calories), brisk iced tea (120 calories), 2 quaker oats bars (180 calories), 2 bottles diet mountain dew (20 calories), 1 can V8 vegetable juice (70 calories)
Total: 1140 calories

Totally screwed up my math test... Very anxious about my GPA (need it to be over 2.0)... T.T

Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games