Submit

the mage-girl

Magical Marshmallow

22,600 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Monster Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:55 am
I actually like FB, though it does make me crazy at times.

Good points for FB: Able to get in touch with people you haven't seen/heard from forever, easy to communicate information to a bunch of people at once. One of my friend's moms used FB pretty extensively when a family member was sick, to keep everyone apprised of what was going on.

Bad points for FB: Privacy issues. Depending on how much you get into games and stuff, can turn into a major time suck.

Indifferent points for FB: I like a couple games, but even they drive me up the wall. I have to learn to walk away from the computer for awhile when FarmVille gets too much.

FB is not for everyone. I have two friends who absolutely want nothing to do with FB. I have another couple friends that have FB, but use it rarely, to the point that one doesn't even have an avatar.

FB helped me find my father after 38 years. Unfortunately it also helped me find his "new" family, who have pretty much rejected me after the initial "I've got a half-sister I didn't know about--Isn't that neat?" phase. Kind of a wash at this point.

Sigh. wink  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:19 am
No offence but your friends sound like dicks. Spamming you and reporting you is not funny and must have been very annoying/stressful for you. The only reason i have Facebook is to keep track of the embarising drunk pictures that get taken of me stressed i rarely post anything on there, but it is a good way of keeping track of people and stalking ex-boyfreinds and enemies. Once your friends have grown up you won't have any issues with Facebook, i always just delete the people who annoy me anyway  

THE_FAIRY_EMPRESS
Vice Captain

Original Fairy

The_9th_Doctors_Rose
Crew

Doting Sweetheart

12,200 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:36 am
I personally have never had any problems with Facebook. I think I've had fights with two of my friends over the years but that probably would have happened anyway....in fact I wouldn't have any of my best Facebook friends if it weren't for Gaia BC I met my best friend here and then I started being friends with her friends and I love every single one of them. My point is...don't let your "friends" ruin a potentially amazing thing for you...just get better friends...you obviously don't need friends liked that. If you ever decide to reactivate your Facebook there is a block button.. if you block them they won't be able to see your Facebook and you won't be able to see their's AND if you do ever decide to reactivate not only is there a IAGT group that you can join feel free to look me up...I will add you and I promise I will never be annoyed just by how much you post. <3

www.Facebook.com/fairytaledreamer24  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:45 am
Facebook is for stalkers. talk2hand

Masquerade Sweets

Anxious Citizen

Ayniu

Fashionable Raider

9,300 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:07 pm
Facebook has so many faults (even for a website) it's ridiculous. It's weird your so-called friends would do that, but...probably deactivating your account was the best thing for you to do. It sounds like it was doing more harm than good, being there. I deactivated my FB account for a while out of boredom. But I never, ever talked to anyone while I was there - all the site was good for, in my opinion, was playing games, lol.
Now I'm back there, I have to admit, out of pure boredom and listlessness...playing their addicting games again. DX
It's irritating they don't let you fully delete it, though. Shady, much? XP

24. ✿ - - - Life Issues

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces