Submit

The Shade of Casin

Gracious Conversationalist

9,775 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:24 am
I plan on making a thread to recruit boyz for day waaaggghh. Basically just me and the bosses all rping a group of boyz in several different threads, maybe an invasion or two, you know, just see where the day takes us  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:00 am
where exactly can i create a 40k RP character? i dont see any topics or whatnot that show me, unless i missed it.  

Bearded Senpai

Divorced Divorcee

11,850 Points
  • Married 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • 20 Wins 100

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:47 am
Bearded Cosplayer
where exactly can i create a 40k RP character? i dont see any topics or whatnot that show me, unless i missed it.
You can create a character in the OOC thread for any RPs in progress. Right now there aren't any terribly active RPs, but if you wanted to try and get one started, you might be able to get some interested people. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:07 pm
I want to make an rp for outcast space marines banished to do a suicide mission aka Death Oath from framed for heresy. you can be from any chapters, I'll allow one Captain, 1 sergeants (I'm reserving a spot for Sergeant) and 3 battle brothers. each marine needs to to explain why they were sent on this suicide mission on their profile.
Also in need of a bad guy, idk which enemy I want to do yet, was thinking of corrupt imperial guardsmen with chaos space marines or an ork infested world.  

N7-Rain

Loyal Knight

13,425 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Ociluce

Perfect Raider

9,550 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:13 pm
I’ve wanted to play in a 40K RP for years... however, one of the things I’ve found is that if I want to play in something, I’ve got to run it myself. Generally, as soon as I join a game, it dies... or doesn’t get off the ground in the first place. This is why I run one D&D game, one Pathfinder game, and actually play in none...

So! I’ve been mulling over running an RP for a long, long time, and I figured that the 10th anniversary was as good an excuse as any to get moving on it! Before I start an OOC/Signup thread, I figured I should probably post about it in here first, to see what you think, and if I’ll get any takers. So, here goes:

The premise of the RP is that the players are Imperial soldiers sent to a planet to put down the ork Waaagh! that’s blighted it. However, things go awry in orbit, and ships start blowing up! BOOM! You escape to the surface in drop-pods, escape pods, or what-have-you, and you’re surrounded by orks. You all survive, and the RP itself starts when the players arrive at a bastion and start taking stock of events as the green tide approaches...

The reason for the setup is to facilitate different kinds of characters.* If you want to play a Tempestus Scion, go for it. Wanna be a Spess Mahreen Codicier? Sure! Feel like being a Retributor Battle-Sister? Great! Have a hankering to play a Squat bearded Guardsman who’s a little below average height and drinks a lot of mead to stave off the depression of his homeworld getting eaten by tyranids? Awesome! However, the different factions kinda tend to work on their own, from what I’ve seen in the fluff, even when they’re at the same battle, so I needed a setup for everybody getting together and actually working together on missions. Being scattered survivors of a catastrophe in orbit and showing up at a bastion whose location is broadcast over the vox network seems like a good idea... and I don’t wanna rip off Dan Abnett and have you all stationed at the House at the End of the World because those are your orders. You work with what the Emperor gives you, and he gives you whoever your fellow players come up with.

Now... if you want to play an alien character, I won’t object outright, but you’ll have to provide a really strong explanation for why Asharitekh, the Harbinger of Despair and favored cryptek of Nemesor Fethyouupitekh is working alongside a scraggly bunch of storm-troopers and space marines. The only hard restrictions are that you clear it with me first, and that you don’t select a tyranid or an ork. Tyranids can’t be worked with unless they’re genestealers (and you generally don’t know they’re genestealers... a subplot beyond this RP) and the orks are the villains (who you should shoot on sight!). CHAOS, however, is right out.

So! That’s the premise. Let me know if you have any thoughts, suggestions, or an interest in joining! If you’re up for it, I’ll post the sign-up thread.

*A Space Marine, two Sisters of Battle, an Inquisitor, and a Ministorum Priest all walk into a drop pod... sounds like the setup for a joke, ne?  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 9:36 pm
How does one roleplay warhammer? i am familiar with rp in general, but this would be something completely new to me. gonk  

Avishblackblade

Roleplaying Area

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces