Submit

Latent Memories

Shy Receiver

8,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:32 pm
The other day after dinner I was washing my hands in the bathroom downstairs and I over heard my mom talking to her boyfriend about how much she hates me and what an a** hole I am. This really got to me.. I've also wanted someone to talk with, be friends with. We just moved and Im a senior at a new school, and I just feel alone. None of my friends answer my texts, and I got dumped when I moved too. Ive been skipping lately, I dont want to deal with the pressure of school and my appearance and American Sign Language.. god Im failing that class worse than Economics. Well how do I be happy? What can I do, I wish I just had a real friend to eat lunch with.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:11 pm

First of all, I think you should talk to your mother about the conversation you overheard. Its possible that you misunderstood what she was saying. Before you jump to the conclusion that your own mother thinks that of you, you should try and talk with her about it first. Communication is key in maintaining any relationship even parent-child ones.

As for your problems with school and friends, depression is normal every time you are removed from what is comfortable and familiar to you. Give your friends a bit more time and they should start getting back to you. Their lives just might be as busy as yours is right now. When things calm down for them they'll start to call you and your friendship should return to normal.

However, if you feel your depression is more serious than what is normal for someone in your situation, talk to your mother about possibly sending you to a therapist. Have them evaluate you to see if therapy is all you need or if you should be referred to a psychiatrist and medicated for your depression.

Remember: No one need suffer alone. There is always help, all you have to do is reach out and take it.

Renkon Root

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100

longlived

Original Gaian

7,650 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 4:32 pm
I'd eat lunch with you if i could. If i may make a note though, college is a lot better then high school. I always have friends to eat lunch with at college. So many new people and its like whatever your into at least a handful of other peopel are going to be too, and so i encourage you to hang in their and stay in school. I know what its like to feel down and to skip class etc. I am twenty and my gf wanted to dump me for getting deployment orders. Life's hard, but you an never retreat in battle, hang in there and i promise someday your life will shine. Also when all else fails, you can join a secret cult to take over the world, one gaian at a time. ninja cheese_whine  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:52 pm
: )
I still feel really alone but I'm happier.
Trying to be independent..  

Latent Memories

Shy Receiver

8,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
A need to vent/help others

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers