Submit

Mistress Zelda Uzikua

Vampire

5,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:57 pm
So, Recently I've been watching a lot of anime, but Lately most of the anime I've been watching is like...13-24 maybe 26 episodes, and i'm kinda bummed, I want to watch an anime that has a big number of episodes, I already have Bleach and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood on my list, but I would like a few more, also, I've watched parts of S.T.R.A.I.N. and I realized, I don't have any anime where the main character is a yuri..are there any of those actually out there? That is NOT hentai I mean, Could I get some recommendations?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:56 am
07-Ghost and Ao no Exorcist are pretty excellent. <3
As for yuri, I have no clue. Any of the mainstream ones seem to have it as a token couple or a fanservice show. Not interested in that. gonk /is more interested in manga  

2A30128

Shameless Heckler

12,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Partygoer 500

khionna

Salty Wench

39,800 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 4:57 am
Mistress Zelda Uzikua
So, Recently I've been watching a lot of anime, but Lately most of the anime I've been watching is like...13-24 maybe 26 episodes, and i'm kinda bummed, I want to watch an anime that has a big number of episodes, I already have Bleach and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood on my list, but I would like a few more, also, I've watched parts of S.T.R.A.I.N. and I realized, I don't have any anime where the main character is a yuri..are there any of those actually out there? That is NOT hentai I mean, Could I get some recommendations?

You can go to the wikipedia page, Yuri (genre), and scroll down to see a list of series' with yuri as a main part of the story and yuri as an additional element to the story. ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 12:05 pm
Mistress Zelda Uzikua
So, Recently I've been watching a lot of anime, but Lately most of the anime I've been watching is like...13-24 maybe 26 episodes, and i'm kinda bummed, I want to watch an anime that has a big number of episodes, I already have Bleach and Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood on my list, but I would like a few more

The longest series I've finished would be Monster (74 eps) and Cardcaptor Sakura (70 eps and 2 movies). Both were very good, but for entirely different reasons. xd
I'm still working through Hikaru no Go (75 eps) and Nana (47 eps), but so far I'd recommend both of them.

Mistress Zelda Uzikua
also, I've watched parts of S.T.R.A.I.N. and I realized, I don't have any anime where the main character is a yuri..are there any of those actually out there?

Yuri fangirl here!
A few shows with where the protagonist is attracted to another girl:
- Aoi Hana
- Sasameki Koto
- Revolutionary Girl Utena*
- Simoun
- Strawberry Panic

Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl and Maria-sama ga Miteru are borderline cases, but also deserve a mention. There's also Yuru Yuri, which is still airing but has several main girls with one-sided yuri crushes.

* Someone will probably disagree with me on this, but I'd argue that Utena and Anthy's relationship can be seen as romantic. Unless we're discussing the movie; they're totally a couple there. xd  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

JohnlockintheTARDIS

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 1:38 pm
i haven't seen any animes that are yuri, but i know of some other really great animes:
Toradora ( heart this one!)
Kaleido Star
The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya (this anime seems to go on foreeeeveeeeeeerrrrrr at times. but i love it anyway 3nodding )
if you don't like short animes (oh, i hate to say this, but) don't watch Air. it's really well made, comes around full circle so you could watch it over and over again, but i couldn't do it because its so sad  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:01 pm
Thanks for your help, if anyone else has any suggestions i'll be happy to look into them  

Mistress Zelda Uzikua

Vampire

5,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Full closet 200

User_20392979

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:46 pm
Sorry, I don't watch a whole lot of yuri (which would be a form of hentai, I think you would want shojo ai) or a lot of action series as it just isn't my thing.

I wish I can help. I just been watching Durarara, Monster, NANA and Junjo Romantica. I don't know if you would really be into them (Junjo Romantica is an shonen ai/yaoi series).  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:06 pm
A Dose Of Bad Medicine
Sorry, I don't watch a whole lot of yuri (which would be a form of hentai, I think you would want shojo ai)

While I occasionally see fans that use 'shoujo-ai' to differentiate between explicit and non-explicit girl/girl series, the fandom usually just seems to use 'yuri' to refer to everything.  

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Kitty-in-a-hole

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2011 10:19 pm
what about
Naruto
Death Note  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 12:33 am
watch Jigoku Shoujo.there may not be much episodes but it has three seasons.(so there's a lot of episodes)  

Moonlight Crystals

Blessed Fairy

10,500 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Cart Raider 100

SailorHoneyMoon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:20 pm
Ooooh, all these anime sounds interesting. I think I am gonna start watching Inyuasha again subbed from the beginning because I only have Sailor Moon under my belt. I also want to watch Card Captor Sakura.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:46 pm

If you're into animes that are a little more deep, I would suggest Haibane Renmei, and Stein's Gate. Neither are particularly long, but I liked them. HR was very beautiful.
                      And for long, I would suggest Inuyasha and Sailor Moon. I'm almost done Inuyasha, and it's been at least a month since I started. Warning: it gets a little tedious.
                      As for SM, I never watched the whole thing. I plan to soon, because I watched portions of it as a little girl and loved it.
                      FMA is another one I would suggest. I saw the original anime, not Brotherhood, but I loved it just the same.
                      And if you love fairytale storylines and gorgeous artwork, I would suggest anything and everything by Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli.
                      Honestly, there is so much good anime. This site is serving me rather well so far in watching animes. It seems to have just about everything.

Cadenza of the Heart

Inquisitor

VenetianTemper

Beloved Seeker

5,500 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Voter 100
  • Profitable 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:17 pm
Hetalia or Panty and Stocking, if you can handle their senses of humor...  
14. ✿ - - - Anime And Manga

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games