Reply 04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes
red suspenders! need help fast!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

In Living Colour

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 7:24 am
so for an upcoming convention, i was going to cosplay as misty from pokemon. it seems like an easy enough cosplay right? wrong. i have everything i need for the cosplay except for the red suspenders. i have been looking everywhere but i can't find them. i've tried 2 hot topics, 2 claire's, 2 ardenes, lechateau, h&m, out of the past and rockin tees. all of these stores sell suspenders but they don't have red ones. hot topic does sell red suspenders but they did not have them in the stores i went to. i have also tried ordering online but i am really worried that they won't get here in time for the convention. i have also tried dying white suspenders both with sharpies and with actual fabric dye. the sharpies left it way too blotchy and really horrible looking. the ones i fabric dyed turned out purple because the suspenders aren't designed to be dyed and they are a blend of materials. i have gotten suggestions to go to costume stores but i haven't gone yet. i was wondering if anyone knew a store that sold red suspenders so that i could complete my cosplay.
can anyone help?
btw i live in canada so i can't go to any stores outside canada.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 12:39 pm
When you went to Hot Topic did you ask the cashier to look at nearby stores to see if they have any in? and if they do to put them on hold for you until you can drive over there to get them?

That's what I do because it seems like I'm always at the wrong store when I need something really bad

jesusgirl115

Dangerous Friend

8,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

In Living Colour

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:29 am
i have asked multiple people at multiple stores where to find them. right now since i can't find them i am going to fake it and make it look like i am wearing suspenders but i'm really not  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:03 pm
This may be too late but....ta da!!!!  

Spiffy Pumpkin

Unbeatable Vampire

18,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
04. ✿ - - - Fashion And Clothes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash