Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
Fragments -- Worth it now?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mt105

O.G. Elder

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:48 am
Well, sadly I never got a chance to play fragments, however I recently have been given a chance to obtain a copy. Thusly, I was wondering if it is worth it for the offline mode. It would probably be in Japanese though.

So, is there any reason left in getting the game or is it dead without the online mode?

Thanks for all your responses smile

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:49 pm
I'd say that whether or not it's worth it depends on how much the game costs.

I've heard that the offline mode has characters from the main series in it, so if you want Balmung or Tsukasa or some other character to play alongside your custom character, then I'd go for it (especially if you understand Japanese). If that and exploring The World as yourself rather than Kite, Haseo, or Tokio doesn't hold enough appeal to draw away from the lack of online mode, the foreign language, the poor graphics, and the limited character creation options, then don't bother.  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

princess23_30

6,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:22 pm
I have not gotten to play fragments yet. I was wondering if I should go and by it. could you fill me in on whats it about  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:07 pm
princess23_30
I have not gotten to play fragments yet. I was wondering if I should go and by it. could you fill me in on whats it about

I would if I could. I only know general information about it (such as the online part being permanently off now and that you could create your own areas-I suspect that was part of why it had to be taken down). I know you can play alongside other main characters with your own character, but I don't know the plot... sweatdrop  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100

ABluejay

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 4:17 pm
Darkly_Doomed
princess23_30

I would if I could. I only know general information about it (such as the online part being permanently off now and that you could create your own areas-I suspect that was part of why it had to be taken down). I know you can play alongside other main characters with your own character, but I don't know the plot... sweatdrop

There is no plot. It was taken offline 2 months after it was suppose to because it was supposedly that popular. All you did was party up in a lobby and go out on a adventure. The level cap was 99 and everybody could perform data drain. You had to be careful though because the gameplay was the EXACT same as the original series, but when you open the menu to use a skill or an item the game didn't autopause  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 12:11 pm
Da bLu J
Darkly_Doomed
princess23_30

There is no plot. It was taken offline 2 months after it was suppose to because it was supposedly that popular. All you did was party up in a lobby and go out on a adventure. The level cap was 99 and everybody could perform data drain. You had to be careful though because the gameplay was the EXACT same as the original series, but when you open the menu to use a skill or an item the game didn't autopause

Wikipedia says that there is a "story mode" with the same plotline as the original games, just with your character.  

Darkly_Doomed

Dapper Lunatic

10,850 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
@Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items