Welcome to Gaia! ::

Cherub and Friends Art Guild

Back to Guilds

In this guild you may post your art for all to see, get tips on improving your work, and enter our monthly contests! 

Tags: anime, drawings, avatar, manga, shop 

Reply Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions
Colored Pencils?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Novoz

4,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:19 pm
So i thought about it and i never use color in my pictures but now the collage i want to go to wants color what kind of color pencils would be great for light and dark shading?

Thank You
-Meda  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:36 pm
well faber-castell colored pencils are good for color variations from light and dark, but prismacolor is good if you want rich, thick colors. there about even but personally, i like faber-castell a little bit more.  

iixii_panda_iixii

Tachanne

5,200 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:31 am
I personally do not care what brand I use when using colored pencils. I use whatever is provided for me.
But that does not mean that you should go to the Dollar Store and buy a pack because those can break easily.

You just really have to try different kinds of pencils that work right for your kind of style.
If you like the professional ones, then I suggest you go for those. They may be a little pricey but they're worth it because they last long.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:50 pm
Ty U guys i will them out  

Novoz

4,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200

fanmuhr

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:30 am
the colored pencils i use are a no-name brand and pretty good. i got them for 3€ in a store around the corner.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:39 pm
I use rose art 100 pack the color of the pencil is deceving but otherwise there cheap and reliable I use them for everything  

ayame_tsubasa

Balletjen

Fashionable Nerd

6,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:36 pm
I personally like the Prismacolor regular pencils for blush tones(they are also good for smudging), the Schwan-Stabilo pencils and the Prismacolor Verithin(especially for outlines) for coloring and such. I find the Prismacolor Premiers to be too soft, the Derwents to be to waxy, and the Faber Castell Polychromos to be too soft.

I think that it would be best to buy one of a bunch of different brands and try them out and figure out which one(s) you like best. I did this myself and it helped alot.

I hope that I helped in some way. (:  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:10 pm
I use both Crayola and Prisma Color.

Crayola is actually pretty beast. o.o;;  

thetinykiwi

Quotable Shade

Tips, Tutorials, and General Questions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items