Reply D Gray Man Fan Guild
Y IS D.GRAY-MAN CALLED D.GRAY-MAN!?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do u know y its called d gray man?
  idk!? So thx for posting this XP
  of course ik! u should know 2 since yur a fan!
  dont care, dont know
View Results
loosy4555 rolled 3 100-sided dice: 77, 75, 67 Total: 219 (3-300)

loosy4555

5,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:54 am
I was wondering aycs (as u can c) y is d gray man called d gray man? confused  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:19 am
There's been a lot of speculation as to why it's called D. Gray-man.

Some thought it was after Dorian Gray.

But Hoshino said the title fits Allen, and a few other characters. So it's just a broad meaning title.  

anna bandana

Profitable Prophet

-Angels-Storm-

Dapper Gekko

5,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:47 pm
anna bandana

But Hoshino said the title fits Allen, and a few other characters. So it's just a broad meaning title.

I also heard somewhere that it had something to do with Dorian Gray.  
NaokoTaco generated a random number between 523 and 8274918 ... 1100144!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:07 pm
-Angels-Storm-
anna bandana

i have also heard that it had to do with Dorian Gray. If you look at it this way Allen is kinda percieved as a gentleman and Dorian Gray was a gentleman (before he became to infatuated with lots of pleasure [doesn't that remind you of Tyki]).and he is "gray" he is not "white" as the exorcists or "black" like the noah but in between basically. so Dorian Gray-man and broken down to D.Gray-man.i've also heard the title might actually be symbolising for the main characters Allen- is both an exorcist and noah Lenalee-she hates the order but thinks of it as her world and protects her friends Lavi- is friends with everyone but can't be attached do to being a bookman Kanda- Doesn't really care about anything or anyone (with the exeption of Lenalee) but keeps on living so he can find the woman he once loved (which turned out to be alma) so yeah hoped this somehow helped ^-^  

NaokoTaco

Fashionable Survivor

6,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
  • First step to fame 200

-Angels-Storm-

Dapper Gekko

5,350 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:07 am
NaokoTaco
-Angels-Storm-
anna bandana

i have also heard that it had to do with Dorian Gray. If you look at it this way Allen is kinda percieved as a gentleman and Dorian Gray was a gentleman (before he became to infatuated with lots of pleasure [doesn't that remind you of Tyki]).and he is "gray" he is not "white" as the exorcists or "black" like the noah but in between basically. so Dorian Gray-man and broken down to D.Gray-man.i've also heard the title might actually be symbolising for the main characters Allen- is both an exorcist and noah Lenalee-she hates the order but thinks of it as her world and protects her friends Lavi- is friends with everyone but can't be attached do to being a bookman Kanda- Doesn't really care about anything or anyone (with the exeption of Lenalee) but keeps on living so he can find the woman he once loved (which turned out to be alma) so yeah hoped this somehow helped ^-^

You know... now that I think about it, the person who would be most like Dorian Gray would be Neah o_o, so in which case it would make sense if it was named for Dorian Gray.  
NaokoTaco rolled 18 8-sided dice: 4, 2, 6, 5, 3, 6, 2, 2, 2, 1, 6, 6, 6, 8, 6, 3, 5, 5 Total: 78 (18-144)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:22 am
-Angels-Storm-
NaokoTaco
-Angels-Storm-
anna bandana

You know... now that I think about it, the person who would be most like Dorian Gray would be Neah o_o, so in which case it would make sense if it was named for Dorian Gray.
That is true and there's a lot of mystery shrouding Neah...  

NaokoTaco

Fashionable Survivor

6,250 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Survivor 150
  • First step to fame 200
America_the_hero650 rolled 20 6-sided dice: 1, 2, 2, 2, 4, 5, 2, 4, 4, 4, 5, 6, 2, 3, 4, 1, 5, 5, 2, 4 Total: 67 (20-120)

America_the_hero650

4,200 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:49 pm
I heard it was named that because Exorcists are white and the noahs are black and what color do u get when u mixed those two together u get gray. And because half the anime is man. And she doesn't know why but the d fitted the title.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:31 am
actually, the real reason behind the D.Gray-Man title is (I heard K. Hoshino said this in one of her interviews):
-D.- stands for the first title that K. Hoshino made for the said manga (Dolls), but for some reason decided against it, said that it didn't fit, or something like that...
-Gray- stands for, like she said,- it's about a world of white and black, in which between them there is a "gray path", that Allen walks in. Basically, it's about how there is actually no "white" or "black" in the world, just "gray". (hope you get what I mean...)
-Man- stands for the main character, who is a boy, but during the series, he grows up and becomes a man, who is the ideal of a guy.

I don't really know if you got what I meant to say, but I don't really care, because I finally was able to tell people something important ...
If you don't like the info, the whatever floats your boat, people...
P.S. it has nothing to do with Dorian Gray...
~3~ emotion_dowant emotion_donotwant gaia_crown
yum_onigiri yum_salmon yum_shrimp yum_tamago yum_tuna yum_onigiri yum_salmon yum_shrimp yum_tamago yum_tuna  

Hascukoo

Dangerous Lunatic

6,250 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Person of Interest 200

loosy4555

5,550 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:35 pm
Hascukoo
actually, the real reason behind the D.Gray-Man title is (I heard K. Hoshino said this in one of her interviews):
-D.- stands for the first title that K. Hoshino made for the said manga (Dolls), but for some reason decided against it, said that it didn't fit, or something like that...
-Gray- stands for, like she said,- it's about a world of white and black, in which between them there is a "gray path", that Allen walks in. Basically, it's about how there is actually no "white" or "black" in the world, just "gray". (hope you get what I mean...)
-Man- stands for the main character, who is a boy, but during the series, he grows up and becomes a man, who is the ideal of a guy.

I don't really know if you got what I meant to say, but I don't really care, because I finally was able to tell people something important ...
If you don't like the info, the whatever floats your boat, people...
P.S. it has nothing to do with Dorian Gray...
~3~ emotion_dowant emotion_donotwant gaia_crown
yum_onigiri yum_salmon yum_shrimp yum_tamago yum_tuna yum_onigiri yum_salmon yum_shrimp yum_tamago yum_tuna

THX FOR YUR AWESOME ANSWER! btw i understand everything u said and congratulations on yur first time telling somebody something important!
emotion_dowant emotion_donotwant gaia_crown
D Gray Man Fan Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games