Coloring: Pure Black

Name: Oliver
Coloring: Cream, blonde

Name: Hobbes
Coloring: Dark Orange, white

Name: Tesca
Coloring: Black

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:23 pm
Tesca is really old and I will fall apart when she dies. Her fur is usually pure black but lately it's has been gray.
Does it mean anything that she keeps following people and sleeping on them? She loves me to pieces, so it's normal with me but not with everyone else. How can I get over her death when it comes?

Our new kitten Harliquin is 6 weeks old and we have a boy cat named Oliver, and we're scared that he might get her pregnant because he hasn't been fixed unlike Hobbes. We have been hiding Harliquin in our bedroom so she can get use to us. We took her out today to meet the cats. It didn't go very well.... Tesca ran off and Hobbes started to nose bump then he hissed at her. How can I fix this?

Hobbes hates Tesca for some reason. He is fixed but he still attacks her. He will sneak up on her and get in pounce mode. She hisses if he gets even a inch close to her. It pretty annoying when we have to spray him with water almost everyday. Oliver has started to do the same thing as well. How do I make them stop?
I hope someone can give some help on what to do with all these cats. sweatdrop

Harmonical Melodies

Hallowed Lunatic

13,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Battle: Knight 100

porsef

Vicious Lover

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:09 am
The_Mistress_Of_Music

Quote:
Tesca is really old and I will fall apart when she dies. Her fur is usually pure black but lately it's has been gray.
Does it mean anything that she keeps following people and sleeping on them? She loves me to pieces, so it's normal with me but not with everyone else. How can I get over her death when it comes?

I suppose now that she's older she wants more attention or she's just mushy. Think of it kind of like a little old grandma fawning over her grandchildren. It's common in cats, actually (at least in my experience). To get over her death, well for all my pets, I cremated their bodies and I have a bit of their ashes in necklace form. Well, not to exaggerate, I've only had four pets in my entire lifetime and they were all with me old to begin with. It helps me kind of feel that they're still with me. Just like anyone elses death, give yourself time to mourn.

Quote:
Our new kitten Harliquin is 6 weeks old and we have a boy cat named Oliver, and we're scared that he might get her pregnant because he hasn't been fixed unlike Hobbes. We have been hiding Harliquin in our bedroom so she can get use to us. We took her out today to meet the cats. It didn't go very well.... Tesca ran off and Hobbes started to nose bump then he hissed at her. How can I fix this?

Well, I'd recommend fixing Oliver as soon as possible or Harlequin. It's okay if they hiss and whatnot because they're new to each other and Hobbes is probably very cautious and curious. From what you said below in that paragraph and this one, he MAY be trying to assert dominance. He seems like quite the hotshot and it was the first time she came into his territory. Just keep an eye on them when you let Harlequin out. Like I said below (I wrote the last one before this one), if there is no bleeding in the fighting, if they do fight, it's okay. Usually kittens will submit or mistake it for play. But I'm sure Hobbes won't hurt her seeing she's a kitten.

Quote:
Hobbes hates Tesca for some reason. He is fixed but he still attacks her. He will sneak up on her and get in pounce mode. She hisses if he gets even a inch close to her. It pretty annoying when we have to spray him with water almost everyday. Oliver has started to do the same thing as well. How do I make them stop?

The way you're describing it doesn't seem like Hobbes hates Tesca or the other way around. Hobbes seems like he just wants to play but Tesca doesn't want to play because she is old. Unless Hobbes is hissing or growling at Tesca, it's okay. If they do end up fighting, just keep a good eye on it. As long there isn't any bleeding, it's okay. Let them fight out the dominance. If there's any minor bleeding or indication it's getting really violent, break it up as soon as possible. With multiple cats it's okay for them to fight because they need to figure out the dominance.

But overall, just keep a close eye on them, don't always try to stop the fighting. Hobbes seems to want the dominance and you're stopping him from it. It's not your fault though.~ I hope I helped. c:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 12:27 pm
How often do you play with your cats?
And how did you introduce the new cats to the others?  

pompoennetje

13. ✿ - - - Animals And Nature

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff