Reply 19. ✿ - - - Art And Graphics
Photoshop Tools?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

x-Rainbow_Alpacaz-x

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:21 am
Before I begin, I wanna say that I put this in art because... Photoshop is an art program >.<

I have Photoshop Elements 7. It came with my tablet. I was SO excited to finally have a program that makes great art. Then I discovered it doesn't have the Pen Tool like my friend said Photoshop did (I dunno the difference, to be honest). The Pen Tool is what makes the lines pretty and straight. Without it, you have shaky, fuzzy lines. That's not what I want in art, ya know?
Well, I have Gimp 2.0. Any one in this guild who has gotten digital art now know what program I use. It has a path tool (the same thing as the pen tool on PS), but it isn't the same, really. When you see lines from PS, you see how they are thicker in places and then get thinner. You can't do that in Gimp - I don't think. If I'm wrong, someone should tell me because I really wanna know how.

Now my concern is: If I want this pen tool on my PSE7, I might have to purchase it for twenty something dollars. For ONE tool? I don't think so. :/
And my parents aren't going to pay however much it is for the real photoshop. Not when you can't just purchase it - you have to pay a certain amount a month. That's why I have gimp..

Now. If you don't want to read all that... does anyone know of a way to get Photoshop without buying it? OR do you know of a free program that is just as good as Photoshop? That's what I need to know..
heart

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:37 pm
heart

x-Rainbow_Alpacaz-x

smgirl825 rolled 20 4-sided dice: 3, 3, 3, 1, 4, 4, 3, 1, 4, 1, 4, 4, 2, 2, 1, 1, 4, 4, 3, 2 Total: 54 (20-80)

smgirl825

Fashionable Businesswoman

6,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:44 am
Elements does not come with the pen tool. Never did. But you can vary the thickness of the lines done with the paths tool of gimp. I would give you specifics but I came accross this in the middle on the night when I'm on my phone. The gimp documentation is really helpful. Best advice I can give you using a Bamboo tablet is to relax your arm and watch the screen as you adjust to drawing without the paths tool in your program of choice. Its like learning how to type properly in the sense that once you can do it without replying to look at your tablet while drawing, the results get a lot better.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:15 am
Well, there is the 30 day free trial, but as stated, that's only for 30 days. So, you'd only get about a month's use out of it.

If you get the student edition, it's a lot cheaper though. All you really need is a student ID to prove you need it for educational purposes. I imagine even a high school ID would work if you're still in high school. Just make sure to hold onto the product code. That way, if say, your computer crashed, you'd be able to reinstall the product on your next computer.  

Fallen_Vampiric_Warrior

Familiar Vampire

12,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100

frrobin

Fairy

11,800 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • PvP 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:01 am
I use cs5 and elements you can import brushes, photoshop just uses brushes.
You can find free photoshop brushes on deviantart. Its alot of fun to mess around with them.

X_X just noticed this was a very-very old forum. oops  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:12 am
The whole Adobe creative suite 2 is now out for free. (legally!)
[X]

Oops, old thread. sweatdrop But I feel like this could be useful for any artists in need of a good program.  

Arleine

Jin-is-supreme

Tipsy Humorist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:26 am
Arleine
[X]

Oops, old thread. sweatdrop But I feel like this could be useful for any artists in need of a good program.

oh my god yes, i thought this was a hoax?

I've had so many issues with getting photoshop in the past. When I bought a copy of CS5 it turned out to be unregistered and they wouldn't activate it.

They owe me like 4 CS2s for that mess.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:36 am
Loshka
Arleine
[X]

I've had so many issues with getting photoshop in the past. When I bought a copy of CS5 it turned out to be unregistered and they wouldn't activate it.

Oops, yeah it is sad I didn't notice they updated the article on CNet. I downloaded it earlier but haven't actually tried installing it. But another good program for digital painting is FireAlpaca.  

Arleine

Jin-is-supreme

Tipsy Humorist

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:49 am
Arleine
Loshka
Arleine
[X]

Oops, yeah it is sad I didn't notice they updated the article on CNet. I downloaded it earlier but haven't actually tried installing it. But another good program for digital painting is FireAlpaca.

i'm installing it atm, i guess we find out in 7mins

I have FireAlpaca, its nice, but I want something that could help me more with making comics.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:54 am
Arleine

i haven't registered myself but it works perfectly  

Jin-is-supreme

Tipsy Humorist

19. ✿ - - - Art And Graphics

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items