Why was my period off?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iiSarin

Distinct Gekko

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:24 pm
I'm at a young age (Sorry, don't feel comfortable sharing ^^;; ) and I started my period only earlier this year. My last one was back on June 3rd, and it just started again today, it was almost a whole month off. Now, I know I'm not pregnant. Atleast, I shouldn't be. I'm not sexually active in any way. I haven't had any symptoms of being pregnant.

Another thing, my Mom first started her period when she was 16 because she had something wrong with her ovaries. At a certain point in time when she was older, she didn't even have her period at all. Sometimes it's genetic, sometimes it isn't. I can tell you I'm younger than 16, and I've had no signs of having the same issue.

I guess it's just got me worried, is it normal for your period's schedule to be off when it's only just started? My friends all have it on schedule, sometimes a day or two late or early.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 11:51 pm
It's totally normal, you just started getting your period & your body isn't use to it . Exact same thing happened to me, doctors said it's okay & it's normal.  

tbhchanel

Call Me Nefret

Sweet Egg

57,525 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Master Converter 500
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:05 am
When you first start, your period's going to be a bit wonky. It's not until you've had it for a while that it will become regular.

There are other factors that can delay or otherwise mess up your period. Diet (there are studies that show eating disorders like anorexia can actually leave a girl infertile) and stress can also wonk it out sometimes. Of course, it doesn't help to be worrying about your period when you're already stressed out, but whatcha gonna do?

Plus, the 28 day thing is relative. Some girls have a shorter amount of time between, others have longer. My sister jokes that I steal her periods, because I once had it at the very beginning and very end of the month, and she didn't have one at all that month. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 12:12 am
That might happen a couple of times during your time. When it doesn't happen I call them Happy Free Day ^^;.
Although it's completely normal.
Some of the reason for missing is not just your body is getting used to it but from stress or not eating healthy can cause you to miss a month. Although it can take years to regulate it's normal. Just keep track of when you are missing them and how you are when it does come.
If you miss more then one month I would go to the doctor or tell your mother because that isn't really what is meant to happen.
Or you can be late ^^ Your period can change dates with you ^^ Sometimes goes from the begging and end up in the middle of the month ^^.

pure as snow

Fashionable Fairy

iiSarin

Distinct Gekko

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:15 am
:] Ok, thank you everybody. That helped me a lot.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:38 am
for it to be within the first year or two of your first period, it is COMPLETELY normal for it to be off. it will take time for your body to build that rythm.

and every girl stops having her period at a certain point when they age. thats normal too.  

kaela2015

Sparkly Friend

11,350 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100

TigerLilyChick

Devoted Lovergirl

20,475 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:46 pm
It's totally normal. At one point when I was 11 (yes, 11), I went around 6 weeks without a period. Irregular periods are normal when you are first starting out with your period.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:09 pm
Its normal, you're still young and its expected that you will have odd periods. However, if it gets worse over time. You should make an appointment with your local Gynecologist. Birthcontrol pills are amazing when it comes to fixing an off period.  

Mord Alushar

27. ✿ - - - Girls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff