Welcome to Gaia! ::

██Sparkling Waters Guild██ Inactive ATM

Back to Guilds

Jump into the waters of Dolphins, Mermaids, Monsters, and earn tons of Gold! 

Tags: Booty Grab, Sparkling Waters Guild, Aquarium, Tanks, Gold 

Reply █ [SWG] Chatterbox & Announcements
"IF EVER" I buy a graphics tablet...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:56 am
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

So uhm,,, "IF EVER" I buy a graphics tablet, which I have planed ages ago..will I have trouble with it?
Coz I was toying with my friends phone where I can draw but the lines don't meet.. I mean *gaah it's hard to explain D:*

When I draw... the line appears far from where my pen's tip is..
so will this happen on a graphics tablet? just wondering. xDD

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:36 pm
See signature- That was drawn with a graphics tablet I got not even a month ago.. I had no problem for the most part making lines connect. But I've been drawing with mice for years before that.

Also, you tend to have a larger space to work with so it tends to be much easier. Also depends on the program you decide to use to draw.

EDIT: Phones with touch screens also tend to be less sensitive than a graphics tablet, which if you need you can up and tone down the sensitivity to your needs.  

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100

Blood Pop
Vice Captain

Bum

53,625 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:44 pm
Do you mean that the line isn't exactly under the stylus tip? (Or your finger tip, whatever you were using to draw. X3) 'Cause that happens with my DS, where the line is more to the left of the pen tip and not under it. If that's what you meant... >w<""
But the only time thaaaat would happen with a tablet would be if there was something wrong with it. Otherwise, it's almost exactly like drawing on paper. 3nodding
My tablet's a Bamboo Fun Pen & Touch (Medium size) which I got for Christmas last year, and it still works perfectly. ^w^ Like Tarrien, I also drew the picture in my signature with a tablet. X3

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:55 pm
I think the main difficulty in starting to draw with a tablet is really the hand eye coordination part. It is different from drawing on paper as what you are drawing is on your monitor and not on your tablet so drawing a straight line can be a bit trickier unless you get yourself a cintiq (but they're $_$)
But really, all it takes it some getting used to just like every other tool.  

Feiyimei

Invisible Gawker

18,225 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Invisibility 100

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:00 am
Tarrien
See signature- That was drawn with a graphics tablet I got not even a month ago.. I had no problem for the most part making lines connect. But I've been drawing with mice for years before that.

Also, you tend to have a larger space to work with so it tends to be much easier. Also depends on the program you decide to use to draw.

EDIT: Phones with touch screens also tend to be less sensitive than a graphics tablet, which if you need you can up and tone down the sensitivity to your needs.

:O!!! is that sooo! >w< thank you soo much.!
Oh mind if I asked what would be a nice program to use?

Blood Pop
Do you mean that the line isn't exactly under the stylus tip? (Or your finger tip, whatever you were using to draw. X3) 'Cause that happens with my DS, where the line is more to the left of the pen tip and not under it. If that's what you meant... >w<""
But the only time thaaaat would happen with a tablet would be if there was something wrong with it. Otherwise, it's almost exactly like drawing on paper. 3nodding
My tablet's a Bamboo Fun Pen & Touch (Medium size) which I got for Christmas last year, and it still works perfectly. ^w^ Like Tarrien, I also drew the picture in my signature with a tablet. X3

yesh!!!!!!!!!!!! exactly that!!! >w< magash when I draw the lines are farther "over there" than under the pen's tip!! xDD wahahha xDD
Oh I hope I get one that works perfectly fine xDD
I saw one at the store yesterday but the saleslady said it's kinda hmm not old but rather.. "not that new" anymore so I'm having thoughts if I should wait for the new one or just buy it XD

gaaah!! I should ask someone to give me a tablet on christmas! D:
rofl

Kyona Faolchu Liath
I think the main difficulty in starting to draw with a tablet is really the hand eye coordination part. It is different from drawing on paper as what you are drawing is on your monitor and not on your tablet so drawing a straight line can be a bit trickier unless you get yourself a cintiq (but they're $_$)
But really, all it takes it some getting used to just like every other tool.

gaaaaash!! I soooo want that cintiq! xDD ahhaha but it's sooo expensive >o<
waa maybe I should buy one for myself now so I can start training! >W<  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:25 pm
I use a free program called Paint.net

I think that's the url as well to go find it

I use it mainly since I like a lot of the features, but i hate letting my programs do all the work XD  

Tarrien

Feral Mystic

21,325 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Timid 100

chiisai-akanbo
Vice Captain
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:52 pm
.>wThank you so much!!!
*want to buy the table now....* D: burning_eyes
rofl